Cranberry Sour Cream Bars

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Cranberry Sour Cream Bars[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]NOTE: You don't even need a mixer to make these easy, moist cookies! These would be good with any dried fruit, especially dried cherries or dried apricots[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 cup brown sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 cup butter, softened[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2 cups quick-cooking oats[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 and ½ cups flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 tsp baking soda[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2 cups sweetened dried cranberries[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 cup sour cream[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]¾ cup sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]2 TBS flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 tsp grated lemon peel[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 tsp vanilla[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]1 egg[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Heat oven to 350F[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Mix brown sugar and butter in large bowl with wooden spoon. In smalled bowl, whissk together oats, flour and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, combining throughly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Combine remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly with a whisk.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Pat ½ of dry mixture into an ungreased 13” by 9” baking pan. Distribute evenly and press down into all corners of the pan. Bake for about 12 minutes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Pour wet mixture onto baked crust. Crumble remaining dry ingredients evenly over top and press lightly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely and cut into 32 bars (8 rows by 4 rows).[/FONT]

Attachments

• DSCF0911 - Copy (2).jpg
    DSCF0911 - Copy (2).jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 163

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oh Yummy Karen!! I am wondering if the filling is to wet to maybe divide the filiing into 1/3's and do 1/3 cranberry, 1/3 cherry and 1/3 apricot in the same pan.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
The filling is pretty wet, Peeps, so you'd have to be careful and you might have some overlap, but it's worth a try!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Maybe combine all the wet ingredients except the fruit. Spread in the pan then add the fruit in sections and pres a bit then top with the dry? I will try it straight the first time but with cherries probably because we like and have those on hand usually.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I think that having the fruit in with the wet ingredients hydrates the fruit a bit, so I'm not sure if it would work to add it separately. If you want to do it in thirds, you might do better by dividing all of the filling in thirds. Of course, that means MORE dishes to wash!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think that having the fruit in with the wet ingredients hydrates the fruit a bit, so I'm not sure if it would work to add it separately. If you want to do it in thirds, you might do better by dividing all of the filling in thirds. Of course, that means MORE dishes to wash!
LOL yes I was just thinking of side tracking the complaints!! You know how that is! They just can't agree!!

Leni

No cranberries on hand at the moment but I'm going shopping in a little while. I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting it.