Darn Photoshop "Is powerful"

Derek

Banned
After 2 years of owning a legiti copy of 5.5 I've finally just scratched the surface of Photoshop and I'm rekindling my love for the program :)

Who else uses it here?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I use it regularly. I had a couple classes in it. Very powerful indeed. You need to work with it every day to build your skills up and keep them. I've forgotten a big part of what I learned in the classes because I did not have a reason to use those functions. Photo Shop has the power of a Lamborghini and I use it in a 20mph zone. :eek: But it does what I need for web site management.
You should look for a class in it at college Derek.

Love2"Q"

honestly .. it can be a bit complex for me at times ..
do not use it with a couple beers in you ...
it can be very frustrating ..

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I would be the same way Doc, I have heard tons of good things about it but I am afraid I would have very little use for it on a day to day basis.

Derek

Banned
Nope, don't have it just MS Editor.
Ms is ok, But very limited what it can do.

I use it regularly. I had a couple classes in it. Very powerful indeed. You need to work with it every day to build your skills up and keep them. I've forgotten a big part of what I learned in the classes because I did not have a reason to use those functions. Photo Shop has the power of a Lamborghini and I use it in a 20mph zone. :eek: But it does what I need for web site management.
I know what you mean Doc, I just finally hit 3o miles an hour mark and I was at 10 miles an hour 2 years ago, Actually the class I'm taking they will teach you to use photoshop .

The Class book I've purchased has about 15 pages of tutorials for photoshop and that's where I got my green light to go 30 MPH.

honestly .. it can be a bit complex for me at times ..
do not use it with a couple beers in you ...
it can be very frustrating ..
Just take it easy L2Q and you will get there, trust me you will.

I would be the same way Doc, I have heard tons of good things about it but I am afraid I would have very little use for it on a day to day basis.
Well let the shutter bug bite you Ok Mav?

Then you will be very happy that you have photoshop.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

you have me beat Doc... grannies passing me by, flipping me the bird, yelling at me to speed up or pull the hell over...:...lol

i just started using PS CS3 and only because i wanted to make my own hot sauce labels..

Derek

Banned
you have me beat Doc... grannies passing me by, flipping me the bird, yelling at me to speed up or pull the hell over...:...lol

i just started using PS CS3 and only because i wanted to make my own hot sauce labels..
Jeff, Did you know with my $12 percent discount over at the college book store that's sponsored by dell for being a college student I can get cs3 right now for $300 instead of $450 - $500

Not bad huh?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Jeff, Did you know with my $12 percent discount over at the college book store that's sponsored by dell for being a college student I can get cs3 right now for $300 instead of $450 - $500

Not bad huh?

you can buy a legit copy online for $150 of CS3... CS4 is $400 if you look around

Derek

Banned
you can buy a legit copy online for $150 of CS3... CS4 is $400 if you look around
Where? I've seen cs3-4 at amazon.com for $700 for a full and legit copy and about $500-$600 used.

But I'm starting to think that Amazon.com is a rip off though!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Heh, try Adobe Creative Suite 4. It's what we use.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Creative-Suite-Production-Premium/dp/B001EUB6GM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1241843364&sr=1-1[/ame]

Derek

Banned
Thanks Keltin, The darkroom that I will be using has photoshop on the machine processor

http://www.shopbot.ca/pp-adobe-indesign-cs4-windows-adobe-price-145882-3822392.html

and this is canadian.... $413 CDN = $358 USD... you just gotta look around, you can find it
Sounds like your not devolging the $150 link lol.And it looks like I still can get it cheaper at the college bookstore.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin, The darkroom that I will be using has photoshop on the machine processor

Cool, but Photoshop and Creative Suite are two different animals. Photoshop is a kitten, and CS is a Lion. You won't see CS in many environments outside of serious production.

Derek

Banned
Cool, but Photoshop and Creative Suite are two different animals. Photoshop is a kitten, and CS is a Lion. You won't see CS in many environments outside of serious production.
Haha, I've never seen anyone put in terms like that, lol!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

Sounds like your not devolging the $150 link lol.And it looks like I still can get it cheaper at the college bookstore.

thats for CS4 not CS3... even with it being $115 more..all total it is 503 USD(united states dollars) cheaper than in the college bookstore for a newer version that has more features than CS3 or the one you are using...

legit copies are overrated..lol

i use CS3 portable

Derek

Banned
thats for CS4 not CS3... even with it being $115 more..all total it is 503 USD(united states dollars) cheaper than in the college bookstore for a newer version that has more features than CS3 or the one you are using...

legit copies are overrated..lol

i use CS3 portable
cs3 portible? Never heard of it.

I guess google would come in handy right about now :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
he played video games and drank beer...lmao:lol::lol::lol:

My ASS!!!! What do you mean playED?!?!?! :yum:

PlayING is more like it baby!

I graduated College with an AS (Associates) back in 1990. Went to work and went back for my BS in EE. Got that done in 98.

The capture suites and equipment I listed are for side projects and aren't for my daily EE job.

I remember when I graduated the Dean gave a speech:

We all know what BS is!

Well, MS is More of the Same.

And PhD is Piled Higher and Deeper!

:yum:

So true!

Derek

Banned
My ASS!!!! What do you mean playED?!?!?! :yum:

PlayING is more like it baby!

I graduated College with an AS (Associates) back in 1990. Went to work and went back for my BS in EE. Got that done in 98.

The capture suites and equipment I listed are for side projects and aren't for my daily EE job.

I remember when I graduated the Dean gave a speech:

We all know what BS is!

Well, MS is More of the Same.

And PhD is Piled Higher and Deeper!

:yum:

So true!
Haha, That's too funny Kelt.

How many credits did you nee for an asa?

Derek

Banned
Don't remember the actual credits, but it took 18 months straight, full load, and that included summer.
Damn, I can see you were and probably are still a workaholic.

What was the hardest thin in college you had to do?

For my brother it was merely skipping class, He had to prevent him self from not skipping class and go fly fishing.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Damn, I can see you were and probably are still a workaholic.

What was the hardest thin in college you had to do?

For my brother it was merely skipping class, He had to prevent him self from not skipping class and go fly fishing.

Heh, all College courses had a certain number of days you could miss before you were dropped. I always missed them all up to the last number! :yum:

I actually learned Hex conversion in the car on the way to class because I skipped the day before.

The hardest part were the papers we had to write. They had to have 10 or more sources with footnotes as well as prove your point. Proving your point was easy….but finding 10 sources back then was damn hard. These days they allow internet citations as sources, but most have to be approved first. That does make it easier.

Everything else was just fun, especially the Labs.

Derek

Banned
Heh, all College courses had a certain number of days you could miss before you were dropped. I always missed them all up to the last number! :yum:

I actually learned Hex conversion in the car on the way to class because I skipped the day before.

The hardest part were the papers we had to write. They had to have 10 or more sources with footnotes as well as prove your point. Proving your point was easy….but finding 10 sources back then was damn hard. These days they allow internet citations as sources, but most have to be approved first. That does make it easier.

When you say Hex? Are you talking about the old game code? Like in the game Interstate 76? Or a differnt Hex?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
for the proving your point now...most courses do not allow you to use things off of the internet unless it has been published in one way or another..(just went through that with Mrs.Bam)

and i knew you would get a kick out of played video games..lol

oh and my smoker is done, you up for a road trip? i have the beer and everything else. you bring the pork butts...lol

Derek

Banned
to me hex conversion is hexadecimal conversion - code..but i am uneducated
Well in most old pc games there was block's of Hex code you could edit and make something out of nothing.

Let's say oit was a 2d modeler at the time video games started becoming poplar.

Ok here's an example if I can rememeber.

Code block .

Code:
Htdr1234, htkr1234, 0321, 5609.
Htdr1234, htkr1234, 0321, 5608.
Htdr1234, htkr1234, 0321, 5607.
Htdr1234, htkr1234, 0321, 5606.

You had to figure out what you could change for it to work.