Holiday Grilling

GrillinFool

No new info here but sort of an amalgam of all the holiday worthy cookouts we have done on the site over the last year.

Link to the recipes and step by step, pic by pic writeups on how to do this yourself.

We cover a lot of ground from grilled Lobster Tails:

12.JPG

To Turkey Breast:

STB17.JPG

To Lamb:

15a.JPG

To Prime Rib:

13.JPG

Steak4Me

I do a standing rib roast every year on the grill. As the link describes, this is really very simple and produces a tremendous result. I'm planning on doing it again this year. I'll post some photos when I do.

One thing I found while doing some research on beef cuts a while back. The standing rib is a traditional holiday dish for many families and holiday parties so it's pretty expensive this time of year. ($70-80 for 3 ribs or about 6 lbs.) If you're nervous about grilling such an expensive piece of beef for the first time, then do it in May. Prices then are supposedly about about two thirds what they are in December.

GrillinFool

I do a standing rib roast every year on the grill. As the link describes, this is really very simple and produces a tremendous result. I'm planning on doing it again this year. I'll post some photos when I do.

One thing I found while doing some research on beef cuts a while back. The standing rib is a traditional holiday dish for many families and holiday parties so it's pretty expensive this time of year. ($70-80 for 3 ribs or about 6 lbs.) If you're nervous about grilling such an expensive piece of beef for the first time, then do it in May. Prices then are supposedly about about two thirds what they are in December.

There's a place near me that I saw the other day with something like $7/pound. I don't have the space in the fridge to store it. But at that price I should buy a freezer and sell them in two weeks on my front porch for twice that!!!

Steak4Me

There's a place near me that I saw the other day with something like $7/pound. I don't have the space in the fridge to store it. But at that price I should buy a freezer and sell them in two weeks on my front porch for twice that!!!

I live in St. Louis too. Tell me where!!!!

Steak4Me

It was a sign right outside the Trader Joe's on Manchester but it was sort of between them and the Omaha Steaks next door so I don't know which had it. I'm thinking TJ's.

Just checked their web site and it's Trader Joe's. $6.99 a pound for prime rib roast. Grass raised and finished on grain. Wet aged. They also have bacon wrapped scallops on special for $5.99 for a 7.5 oz box of 10. I checked a couple of their other locations and it appears these are nation wide offers. That's cheaper than Kansas City strips. Gotta go for it.

GrillinFool

Just checked their web site and it's Trader Joe's. $6.99 a pound for prime rib roast. Grass raised and finished on grain. Wet aged. They also have bacon wrapped scallops on special for $5.99 for a 7.5 oz box of 10. I checked a couple of their other locations and it appears these are nation wide offers. That's cheaper than Kansas City strips. Gotta go for it.

I've got three words for that - Whole Eee Shit.