New Ads, after 1st post

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's all my fault.
I have contracted with a company to put the ads there in hopes of paying the costs for the site. Donations are great and I sure appreciate all who do donate but there are not enough of you. I understand money can be hard to come by. By putting ads after the first post this gives all those lurkers a chance to support the site by clicking on an ad once in awhile. We get a lot of clicks here a month thanks to your all's interesting posts. Now we can generate revenue via these ads to help pay the bills.
I hope you understand and do not mind.

Thanks,
Doc

Saliha

They are annoying but I will try my best to ignore them - because of their beneficial purpose.

blindfold.gif

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys. If they do not help they will be temporary. I have a 30 day trial, either side can cancel.

Johnny West

I find some interesting but ignore most. They are a fact of life at most of the sites I frequent - at least they aren't live chat. :neutral:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
hopefully there is an indefinite cancel option for malware/misbehaving ads . . .

did this company offer any assurances they vet the ads and the advertiser cannot change it after submission for distribution?

a terrible lot of these ad companies have no scruples - and sites wind up with ads that seize the screen, redirect people to nastyware sites, etc. I will not be clicking on any of them.

I vote for "support your local site" - i.e. I prefer to straight out donate. you had a PayPal payee once - please repost....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've clicked a few and all come up clean so far, but like you said, some ads can change the target site where the ad points to. Anti malware / virus protection is important no matter where you go on the internet.

I have the paypal option always available. Each fall I try to raise enough to pay for the upcoming years ISP bills since I get a discount if I can pay yearly rather than quarterly or monthly.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've had members say they are sorry they can't give, or they are a cheapskate. That is the last thing I want anyone to feel. I do not want any member feeling bad. Posts help make this forum what it is. All you who post help make others want to come here and click on what has been posted.
So, in other words, it takes posts and money o make this place run. Both are required. No posts no need for money as ISP costs would be minimal. The posts are the reason we need the funds. And that is a good thing. In the long run I hope we all get used to the ads and they help pay the bills.

Thanks for understanding. So post away. :D

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
For all that wish to donate, at the top of the forum, is a blue box that says super site supporter. Clicking it allows donation by PayPal.

I don't know Doc's costs, but, I know a bunch about hardware costs. Doc is a kind man and works hard. Probably wouldn't take a big donation, if most members donated.

Not posted as a mod, just a guy that likes to hang out here and at FF.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the kind words Andy. :tiphat:

And thanks for the donation Thomas. I'm sorry I do not know what your member name is here. please PM me so I can ensure you have your Site Supporter button.
And Thanks so much for your support. :tiphat: :clap: :clap: :clap: