Guacamole question

Derek

Banned
How will feta cheese taste in this to make a thicker style guac?

Also What about bits of pine apple?

lilylove

to me feta is really salty... so your guacamole would be much saltier...if that's ok with you go for it.

Not sure about the pineapple. Try it! If you like it you've created something wonderful. If you don't well, you've learned something.

Derek

Banned
to me feta is really salty... so your guacamole would be much saltier...if that's ok with you go for it.

Not sure about the pineapple. Try it! If you like it you've created something wonderful. If you don't well, you've learned something.
Thanks Trish, I wasn't going to add any aditional salt though if I were to add feta cheese, but how well will it do to make a creamy base in the blender?

lilylove

I'm sorry I'm not really sure... I do think it would add some creaminess... some but I don't know how much.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
nope nope and well nope...lol

quacamole should not have cheese in it..lol

nor should it have pineapple in it..lol

with quac IMHO keep it simple

avocado
lime
cilantro
hot pepper of your choice
roma tomato(for my taste)
salt and pepper

the avocado if right will add its own creamy texture

Derek

Banned
nope nope and well nope...lol

quacamole should not have cheese in it..lol

nor should it have pineapple in it..lol

with quac IMHO keep it simple

avocado
lime
cilantro
hot pepper of your choice
roma tomato(for my taste)
salt and pepper

the avocado if right will add its own creamy texture
What about onions like shallats? and what about roasted minched garlic?

PapaJoe8

I once made Guacamole for a living. I have experimented allot since then... but just w/ variations of the standard ingredients. One of my "finds" is Mexican Rotel. This won a Super Bowl party taste test.

Fats, sounds like you are making some brand new avocado type dishes. Hey, sounds good to me! Maybe they need some new names like;

Fetamole

Fetacado

Guacafeta

:~)
Joe

Derek

Banned
I once made Guacamole for a living. I have experimented allot since then... but just w/ variations of the standard ingredients. One of my "finds" is Mexican Rotel. This won a Super Bowl party taste test.

Fats, sounds like you are making some brand new avocado type dishes. Hey, sounds good to me! Maybe they need some new names like;

Fetamole

Fetacado

Guacafeta

:~)
Joe
Haha, Joes good post mate, I like Fetamole the best and if you don't know me by now I think out side the normal cooking box :)

FryBoy

I make it with the same ingredients Bam lists but I also add gree onions. I chop everything rather small, then simply mash the avocado -- a blender is for Gringos who think a taco is made with something called a shell.

The trick to good, authentic guac is to keep it simple. Nothing worse than the smooth, weird sage-colored restaurant versions with all sorts of strange stuff messing it up.

Calicolady

This I posted back when. Why would you add cheese. If you want smoother, creamer, puree so of the avacado. You can always add sour cream or mexican creme on top or side.
Adding something that drastic, it is no longer is guacamole.
It's your own invention.
And don't misunderstand, I love all kinds of cheese, including goat and feta. Feta is GREEK!

PapaJoe8

Fats, lol... yes I knew you thought outside tha cooking box. You knew about that hotpepper site and that makes you not the average cookin bear.

Fetamole it is then! I like that name also. :~)

Fry, green onions sound good.

Cali, mexican creama, neat idea! Hmmm, Creamamole?
Joe

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
You can add all the feta your heart desires, pineapple for that matter..but don't call it guacamole.

Mommy

i nver heard of feta cheese in quacamole. don't like feta in anything very strong flavor, my husabnd doesn tlike it either
i do like pineapple in salsa wiht green bell peppers and onions its sweet instead of really hot