Beef Tenderloin

blondebullfrog

My wife and I usually have this every weekend! Very quick and easy to make and very yummy!

Ingredients
2 Beef Tenderloins

6 pieces of thick cut bacon

2 TBSP Canadian Steak Seasoning

2 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar

4 TBSP Oil

4 TBSP Water

Pepper Jack Cheese

Combine the Steak seasoning, Vinegar, Oil & Water. Then add the steaks to the marinate. Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 min.

Then Wrap each steak with 3 pieces of the thick cut bacon.

Broil or Grill to your liking (We prefer Med - Med Rare)

Once the steaks are close to being done I slice some pepper jack cheese and add it to the top of each steak. Let the cheese melt for a minute or two and your ready to eat!

Usually we have potatoes (Mashed or Fried) with Corn as the sides.

Does anyone make a similar variation?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Every weekend??? The price of tenderloin must be very affordable in your neck of the woods... Want to adopt me?:flowers:

MikeStewart

I am also a big Fan of Tenderloin.

I like to Buy a whole tenderloin in the Vacu-pac. I find that buying it that way is less expensive.

I can get 7 to 9 good filet cuts and have plenty of the nose and tail left over for another meal.

I also wrap each cut in bacon and season each one with Garlic,Salt,Pepper and a dash of Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce.

I am going to try the Pepperjack Cheese next time.

I think it sounds great.

Mike

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Love beef tenderloin as well!
Thanks for the recipe! As for beef prices here, seems there is only about a dollar difference between chicken prices and beef prices in some stores. Tony's had ground sirloin at $2.69 and chicken bone in was $2.29...jeeesh.

AllenOK

I read the first post and immediately thought the OP was cooking two WHOLE TENDERS. Then, I realized they're having two steaks.

I agree with Mike, though. Buy a whole tender, and peel it. Cut into steaks and enjoy. "Tips" can be used for all sorts of things (at work, we splurge for the members and use the tips for nachoes, quesadillas, etc. I make a killer Beouf Bourguinon (sp?) with tenderloin tips and scraps.