trivia 5/5

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
trivia 5/5
DID YOU KNOW...
A patient who receives blood from a paid donor is as much as ten times more likely to contract Hepatitis as a Patient who receives blood from a volunteer donor.

1. In what film would I find Robin Williams portraying radio Disc Jockey Adrian Cronauer ?
2. Who was the first Astronaut to exit his capsule and "walk in space" ?
3. Do you recall who played the title role of TV's The Fugitive ?
4. In which Classic novel would I find characters named Jim Hawkins, Billy Bones, Ben Gunn, and a parrot named Captain Flint ?
5. What was the name of the somewhat peaceful Bed & Breakfast owned and operated by Kate Bradley on the Petticoat Junction TV series ?
6. By what collective name were 50's TV stars Sherry, Sharon, Bobby, Lonnie, Tommy, Johnny, Dennis, Karen, Cubby, and Doreen, among others, known ?
7. Definition (L);
n.~1. A small compartment, esp. a box in a theater. 2. The front rows of a theater's mezzanine...
8. Cinemashup;
In which Emma Thompson becomes even more protective of her flighty younger sister when it turns out she can see the dead !!
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Outdoor Softball was originally called Kittenball..
1. Good Morning, Vietnam
2. Edward H. White
3. David Jannsen
4. Treasure Island
5. The Shady Rest
6. the Mousketeers
7. Loge
8. The Sixth Sense and Sensibility
TRUTH !!
Softball was invented in 1887 and was designed to be an indoor sport. In 1895, a member of the Minneapolis, Minnesota fire department named Lewis Rober invented outdoor softball and named it Kitten League Ball, which was subsequently shortened to Kitten Ball. The name was changed from kitten ball to diamond ball in 1922 and eventually to softball in 1926.
There are three general forms of Softball; Slow pitch, modified pitch, and fast pitch.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I missed 2, 7 and 8. I did know about the blood safety thing but didn't know about the kitten ball. Thanks, Lucky!