Sauce
3T butter
3T flour
1.5C fish stock
1/4 c rum
2 oz white chocolate
6T lemon juice
zest of half lemon

Dredge fish in seasoned flour, egg and back in seasoned flour. Keep in refrigerator till ready to cook/serve.

Make sauce:

Melt 3T butter in small sauce pan. Add flour and make a blonde roux. Add fish stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and rum. Simmer gently for 15 minutes. Add chocolate and simmer another 10 minutes, stirring often. If it seems too thick add more fish stock...or rum...or a combination of both.

Heat heavy saute pan, add olive oil. Cook fish till half way done, flip. Cooking time depends on thickness of filets. Mine took 5 minutes per side on medium heat.

Sauce the bottom of the plate. Place the monkfish into the pool of sauce. Drizzle sauce on top.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Lovely presentation, Vera! And I do like monkfish.

What did you think of the white chocolate sauce?

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lovely presentation, Vera! And I do like monkfish.

What did you think of the white chocolate sauce?

Lee

The sauce's predominant flavour was lemon, the white chocolate contributed to the silky feel in the mouth more than a flavour you could detect. It was very subtle, which was what I was aiming for!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
The sauce's predominant flavour was lemon, the white chocolate contributed to the silky feel in the mouth more than a flavour you could detect. It was very subtle, which was what I was aiming for!

Why are you up??? I haven't even gone to bed yet!

IamSam

Thanks for posting this.

I love monkfish, even if they are ugly as all get out ....

Attachments

• monkfish_noaa.jpg
    monkfish_noaa.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 156