Questions From A Newbie

Didn't know quite where to post the question. Curious about how the site got started (seems like a lot of folks know one another). What is the site supporter lounge, & why is it private? Do folks contribute to keeping the site on line?

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't know how the site got started, CC, because I have only been here about 11 months. But the Site Supporters Lounge is a private area available to Site Supporters, who are members who contribute financially to keep the site going. If you look at the top of this page and over to the left, you will see a square Super Site Supporter box. If you click it, it will give you info about the benefits when you contribute to the site.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
He started it... nut uh she started it... no he started it... Oh wait, that wasn't your question that was my kids again...

Doc started it, he has this and several other forums he runs including Forums Forums where you will find many from here hanging out as well. As for knowing each other, well we were all new once we have just gotten to know each other very well over time and become fast friends. IE we are real nosy and wanna know all about ya!
The group is growing all the time and we love adding in new friends, so don't be shy and post often!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Didn't know quite where to post the question. Curious about how the site got started (seems like a lot of folks know one another). What is the site supporter lounge, & why is it private? Do folks contribute to keeping the site on line?

A lot of us met on another forum. Many were "the misfits". There were a lot of rules there that most of us found to be too confining and as a result were either banned or left voluntarily. Some still post at both.

AllenOK

Hi CaliforniaCook. Looks like everyone else already answered your questions. Welcome aboard.

Inquiring minds want to know: What do you like to cook? What do you like to eat?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hi CaliforniaCook. Looks like everyone else already answered your questions. Welcome aboard.

Inquiring minds want to know: What do you like to cook? What do you like to eat?
I just want to know if you have any extra money you can send to me so I can buy more kitchen gadgets.:whistling:
:yum: Just kidding (maybe). Welcome to the Zoo. Yes, some of us are quite fun-loving, and did not fit in on another site where they are very straight laced. Thankfully, Doc appreciates our contributions of recipes and humor, and welcomed us into his NCT home. Stick around long enough and post frequently, and you'll quickly become one of us if you enjoy humor and good cooking.