Norovirus tips

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm still recovering from a Christmas bout with this demon straight from the pit of hell, that my wife's sister gifted us with on Christmas Eve. She was tired of being sick at home, so since she wasn't living on the toilet (sitting on or paying homage to), she thought she was healthy enough to come North and spread her joy to half of the 14 people here that night, including yours truly. Merry freaking Christmas, Mary Jane.

Anyway, while being bedridden for two days I had time to research this virus on my iPad. Turns out that normal commercial dish washing protocols DO NOT kill the virus. It takes bleach or hydrogen peroxide to kill the devil. Nonstop handwashing is tantamount to keeping things at bay, and most important for foodies, you should NOT PREPARE FOOD FOR OTHERS FOR THREE DAYS AFTER YOUR SYMPTOMS CEASE. More details at the CDC link, and tons more info online.

Norovirus causes about 20 million gastroenteritis cases each year in the United States. There's no vaccine to prevent infection and no drug to treat it. Wash your hands often and follow simple tips to stay healthy.
More at:
http://www.cdc.gov/features/norovirus/

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yikes, Joe!

I had gastroenteritis once, years ago. Went to the hospital because I was in so much pain. They said, "Just ride it out" and sent me home.

Horrible!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I think that I just had this. Not bedridden, but the other symptoms apply.

I went to the Dr., as fate would have it, the very day the symptoms disappeared (3 days).

He did congratulate me for loosing 62# so far, lowering my sugar to pretty good levels (Diabetes scare is gone), blood pressure is at absolutely normal and my Cholesterol is now listed as low. So far as the virus, he said, "It's gone, what can I do". LOL