Confused

QueenB

Banned
I'm sorry to be a dunce, but I'm really having trouble navigating the site here. (And I hope this question is in the right place too)

How do I know where to look for recipes? I look through baking and its not with desserts so I look there.

And is the site organized in a way I can't figure out? SORRY! I am used to alphabetical so I'm constantly up and down the list trying to find stuff. Can someone give me a guide?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I don't even try to do that. When I sign on I simple click on the Quick Links then on then Todays posts and go from there. If I see something I like then I copy it. As for catching up I can't help other than to go through the groups and look at the thread title.

chowhound

Going from past experience, vBulletin boards are more easily searched by going to Google and doing your search using their search engine. Go to advanced search and enter the website you want to search within in the appropriate field (domain).

ETA: this is if you know what you are searching for and not just looking for recipes in general.

High Cheese

Saucier
Look at the top of this page just above your thread title "Confused". It's a link "Net Cooking Talk" click that link and it will take you here to the index. Browse the headings for recipes. If you don't find what your looking for but are in the right forum, just ask with a new thread. For instance: "ISO (In Search Of) Lasagna recipe" then you will get numerous replies from other users. The good part about that is you can ask questions or substitutions about the recipe.

Calicolady

And yet 1 more idea.
You can go to the orange bar on top, where it also says
UserCP/FAQ/MEMBER LIST/CALENDAR/NEW POSTS/SEARCH/Q.Ls/LOG OUT

Hit the SEARCH button and type in the word "potato" for instance. You can choose THREAD or POST. Whichever you choose, any post, if you pic post that had the word "potato" in it will pull up. If you pick "thread" any thread that had "potato" in it will pull up.
It may not get you to a specific recipe-based on how the title is worded, but you will get interesting "potato" ideas!

And if you can't find it here, you can always start a thread of your own asking whatever you want.

Are you looking for something specific we can help you with?

Last edited:

QueenB

Banned
Nothing specific really. Just trying to look for bars and cookies etc and was getting a bit frustrated at what felt a lot like ping ponging around. I'm not missing something then. Thanks.

Deelady

This sight is still for the most part getting established, but I'm sure if you asked Doc for a certain feature he most likely would be very willing to see what he can do to make navigating a little easier.
If you post a request under baking or desserts for something you are interested in I'm sure many of us have recipes we can post that we just haven't gotten around to yet.....Ol blue has some killer apple bars and pie susan I know has a huge collected, let alone myself and many others Im sure.

I myself would love to see a data base section possibly for recipes that have been posted without having to search through convos...
No worries though Doc I know its a work in process and you are doing an awsome job!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
A recipe database would be awesome. And Doc, we could have our own cookbook that you could sell to help pay for the site. One would just have to ensure that the recipes posted are not copyrighted material and someone would have to test them.

It doesn't have to be extremely fancy. I have put cookbooks together at kinkos.