Going green?

Derek

Banned
Since I took small step for going green, I want to green completely but I don't want to loose all my things may may not be so green, Well at least right away!

What else can I do to go green? I'm using an eco friendly Ebike for transportation!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Water filters on your faucets or using filtered pitchers instead of buying bottled water?

Derek

Banned
Water filters on your faucets or using filtered pitchers instead of buying bottled water?
doing that too, MMMMMMM tea.

I love tea, but I don't buy bottle water anyways it's a rip off when you can turn the tap on LOL.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I sent one a few weeks ago and it never got answered, Oh well.

It's cool though.

You told me I was pretty 'out there', or something like that.
What do you want me to say in reply?
A. Yes I am.
B. I am also doing my part for green.
Vegetarian, I recycle, I don't drive a shitty car that belches out emissions, etc...

Derek

Banned
You told me I was pretty 'out there', or something like that.
What do you want me to say in reply?
A. Yes I am.
B. I am also doing my part for green.
Vegetarian, I recycle, I don't drive a shitty car that belches out emissions, etc...
Very cool, Even though my love is for charcoal I'm going green by using a electric grill, And or a propane grill.

By the way Sassy, I said your pretty out going arnt you?

:)

Just remember I'm the quirky one, Plays the high lander theme song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXiaPVeHY[/ame]

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Canvas bags vs plastic paper... I carry mine every where with me.

Walking to do small errands vs driving.

Compost pile... less waste in land fills, plus you make wonderful soil for your garden.

Recycle.... that means I even pick up stuff around my neighbor hood to make sure it gets recycled. Plastic, paper, aluminum, etc....

Reduce, reuse, recycle..... when going out to eat, turn down drinks and food served in foam containers. I have brought my own drinking containers and tupperware for take home.

Reduce plastic bag use. Use reuseable plastic containers instead of plastic zip lock bags.

Think of how you can reduce your paper use. We have gotten down to one roll of paper towels a month.

Unplug anything that is not in use. Our electric bill has never been lower!

Cleaners you use, things you have done around your home... like having your carpet replaced.... where do they put the stuff they took out of your home???? Food for thought!

There are tons of things you can do, once you get in the mind set, you start to think about every thing you do, and how it impacts the earth. Like my pc... I have it set to hibernate after 5 minutes of idle time, anything you can do makes an impact!

Way to go Derek!

Derek

Banned
I am.
.. and yes, you are most definitely, The Quirkmeister.
Well with out I would be a very dull guy!

Canvas bags vs plastic paper... I carry mine every where with me.

Walking to do small errands vs driving.

Compost pile... less waste in land fills, plus you make wonderful soil for your garden.

Recycle.... that means I even pick up stuff around my neighbor hood to make sure it gets recycled. Plastic, paper, aluminum, etc....

Reduce, reuse, recycle..... when going out to eat, turn down drinks and food served in foam containers. I have brought my own drinking containers and tupperware for take home.

Reduce plastic bag use. Use reuseable plastic containers instead of plastic zip lock bags.

Think of how you can reduce your paper use. We have gotten down to one roll of paper towels a month.

Unplug anything that is not in use. Our electric bill has never been lower!

Cleaners you use, things you have done around your home... like having your carpet replaced.... where do they put the stuff they took out of your home???? Food for thought!

There are tons of things you can do, once you get in the mind set, you start to think about every thing you do, and how it impacts the earth. Like my pc... I have it set to hibernate after 5 minutes of idle time, anything you can do makes an impact!

Way to go Derek!
Thanks Sattie, I just want my nephew to be able to grow up in a clean planet.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I know how you feel Derek, I just want everyone to have a decent place to live, be it me, you, our generation to follow. My list goes on, so if you want more... just ask!

Derek

Banned
Will do Sattie, but I am a guy that loves to ASK A BUNCH of questions when I get going on a certain subject or what I'm learning.

Some may be weird, some may normal, but I want to cover every corner when I ask my questions.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I'll share with you all that I know and do Derek.... I think it's great to ask questions because now you got me thinking of other things I can do!!!!

Derek

Banned
I'll share with you all that I know and do Derek.... I think it's great to ask questions because now you got me thinking of other things I can do!!!!
Thanks Sattie, I know I can go a little more green but there are some things I will not give up right away though that's not green, well unless they make it eco safe!