Oh Mama....paging Mama!

Nancy-MD

Just wanted to let you know I got my order of dehydrated hash brown potatoes from Sam's Club online and made some yesterday.

Oh man they turned out delicious! Crispy browned on the outside and individual strands of potatoes on the inside, not stuck together, not gluey from too much starch, just perfect. The way I enjoy eating hash browns!

Reconstituting them was so simple for me because I have an instant hot water dispenser, so in 10 minutes time, they were ready for the pan.

Thanks for turning me on to this product. I never, ever would have tried it if it weren't for your pictures and recommendation. I'm never going back to grating my own potatoes for hash browns.

An order of these potatoes is 6 boxes! Ha! I'm going to give each of my four daughters a box so it doesn't seem so ridiculous to have all those boxes of potatoes. LOL

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those sound awesome Nancy.
Can you get them in Sam's also or is this online only? How about sharing a link to them. I'd like to try them and I hate going into Sam's Club.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok disregard my comment in the dinner thread. LOL For some reason all thread threads are showing up as read. I usually look for the BOLD links (new) first. I then go back to see if I missed anything and I missed a few new posts.

Nancy-MD

Those sound awesome Nancy.
Can you get them in Sam's also or is this online only? How about sharing a link to them. I'd like to try them and I hate going into Sam's Club.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, Doc. I haven't been on for a couple of days.

My Sam's Club doesn't carry these but I ordered them online. You have to be a member to order, I'm pretty sure.

Here's the link:
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...de Dishes|Idahoan Premium Hash Browns - 6 pk.

Yeah, you have to buy 6 boxes but I have 4 daughters who I'm sharing with so that's not so bad for me.

Edited: Sorry the link takes you to the main home page. But if you click on Dry Goods (I think that's what it was) then Pasta and Side Dishes, it will come up.
Well I just tried the link again and it worked, so I hope it works for you too.

Nancy-MD

Oh too funny you should share your recipe for the egg/hash brown casserole! I used the hash browns in our supper tonight and it was really tasty. Only thing was I didn't mix everything together like the recipe called for because I knew the reconstituted potatoes would fall apart and turn to mush if I did that, so I just layered all the ingredients.