New store in the area

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well they opened a new food store near us (last 3 months) called Good Foods Co-Op. All locally grown foods with some imported stuff such as prosciutto from Italy. Also locally grown natural free range chickens so got a package of them to try as they looked like a chicken wing should. We also picked up some blackberry jam and some local sweet pepper relish that two other people were raving about. The jam and relish are done here as well with the only thing I picked up from else where was the prosciutto and a bottle of champagne vinegar (Napa Valley).

One of my tenants gave us a $25 gift certificate as a gift, which paid for it all except a few cents.

smoke king

Banned
Sounds good Joe-wish we had a co-op around here. Even the Whole Foods went belly up!!

Alas, all I have is Kroegers, and a whole bunch of great Mexican markets!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Well we have a Whole Foods but nothing like the ones they show on Emeril Green or Top Chef. Ours doesn't sell any wines at all as well as many of the things they show ours doesn't carry. This Good Foods is also pretty much limited in that all the produce is locally grown and what is in season with a few imported items very similar to a local farmer's market. It really is a nice place but makes Whole Foods look cheap on some items.