Facebook?

Angie

Anyone here on Facebook and want to be friends? PM me...you can't find me since I'm set to private (I don't want my stepdaughter's mom looking at me)?

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I have myspace. I have a facebook, but, never stayed on it to figure things out.

Biskit

I just started monkeying around on Facebook recently. I've got a MySpace page too, but haven't done a darn thing with it in almost two years.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not a facebook fan, only because I don't fully understand it. I like forums mucho better than facebook.
But, I'm trying to use facebook to help my forums grow.
Please, if you have a facebook account add me as a friend and mention your member name & Net Cooking Talk. and if you don't mind type out the whole name Net cooking talk and not just NCT. Google will help us more if you do that.
My name on facebook is Greg Perrine from Reedsville Ohio

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm not a facebook or myspace person either, but i have accounts.

some hairbag band guy, i think from the upper midwest, has started to use the moniker buckytom. how dare he??? pistols at dawn, is all i have to say.

lol, after telling dw that facebook was for kids and their predators, i opened it to keep in touch with people from dc. :huh:

YeOldeStonecat

Please take proper precautions in securing your PC. The popular social networking sites are constantly getting hacked into, and injected with code to perform "drive by installs" of malware onto visitors computers. So one day you go log onto Facebook..and BAM...your PC just had a trojan installed.

Recommend using an alternative browser such as Firefox or Opera if you must visit those sites. Use additional protection with ad/spyware cleaning and blocking programs..such as Spybot Search and Destroy..keep it updated and immunized. SpywareBlaster is another good "condom for your web browser". Keep it updated too. And of course the latest in antivirus programs with real time protection and browser protection.

Of course if your use an Apple computer, you're much less likely...or if you run a Linux distro...even safer.

buckytom

Grill Master
stoney,
not to get into it, but yes, less popular o/s's and hardware will help prevent much of the malware floating around. but it should be understood why. if you were a malicious programmer/hacker, you would finally realize your potential as a loser if you aimed at a smaller number of affected computers. lol.

YeOldeStonecat

stoney,
not to get into it, but yes, less popular o/s's and hardware will help prevent much of the malware floating around. but it should be understood why. if you were a malicious programmer/hacker, you would finally realize your potential as a loser if you aimed at a smaller number of affected computers. lol.

Agreed 100%. Malware writers are not unlike vandals. Vandals want to do the most damage possible with the least amount of effort. With the vast majority of computer users out there using Windows, and the majority of home users being Windows users, not always savvy on the latest rogues and tricks, usually out of date with updates and protection...it's easy prey.

Not trying to push non-Windows usage on people....just encouraging the use of "caution" and proper protection for fellow cooks here when I see mentioning of those social sites. As a computer consultant...I can't tell you how many computers I see get infected from those sites.

The Tourist

Banned
There is kind of a love/hate relationship with MySpace stuff in my area.

For example, a local news station ran a few op-ed pieces on the dangers of these boards. Then at the end of the piece, they announced that their own station was starting a page.

Personally I spend too much time on the computer. Yes, I do my work on one and yes it's been very cold here. But as the weather warms I'm going to be trying to get off this stupid box, not create more time-wasting strategies.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have a myspace page that I have set up primarily to showcase my favorite local musicians and friends. However, others have snuck in there as well.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I have MySpace... but I don't have the time to fool with it. I got on it to hook up with all my high school buddies. I check it out every once in a while.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am on Facebook and MySpace. Can't remember the last time I checked MySpace, and been awhile since I looked at my Facebook page.
I know Cara is one of my contacts on there :) Most of my friends on there are either from DC or my high school.
You can easily find me under Buddy Joyner, feel free to send a friend request if you like, I will try and look at it at least once a day to look for friend requests.