Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW stopped at out local Senior Center's annual indoor garage sale today, and I managed to pick up this Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer for $10, along with the optional thick slice attachment. I've been looking for one of these for almost a year at the Thrift shops, but they never show up.

ApplePeeler.jpg

Also got a Magnalite Classic 5qt dutch oven in very good condition, but without the rack...$5 What a steal! I love garage sales, indoors or outdoors.

homecook

Me and DW stopped at out local Senior Center's annual indoor garage sale today, and I managed to pick up this Pampered Chef Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer for $10, along with the optional thick slice attachment. I've been looking for one of these for almost a year at the Thrift shops, but they never show up.

ApplePeeler.jpg

Also got a Magnalite Classic 5qt dutch oven in very good condition, but without the rack...$5 What a steal! I love garage sales, indoors or outdoors.

Great deal!! I've got one of those (not Pampered Chef) and I love it. Try doing a potato on it. lol

FryBoy

I have a similar gadget, got it as a gift years ago. Mine attaches to the counter top by a suction cup, and it doesn't have the thick slice attachment. Nonetheless, it's pretty slick. It will peel, core, and slice all the apples I need for a pie in about 5 minutes. The slices are on the thin side, about 1/4" thick, but they cook quickly and make good pie. Here's the thing, which is under $24 at Amazon:

31XG60BTMSL._SS500_.jpg

There are a couple of tricks to using it. First, you have to learn to align apples just so to be sure the core is completely removed or seeds may be left in some slices. I push the apple on about 1/3 of the way, making sure the stem is in the middle of the prongs, and then look through the circular cutter to make sure the flower end is centered before pushing the apple onto the prongs the rest of the way. Second, just pull the sliced apple off the machine and cut it in half, end to end, to make perfectly even half-moon slices.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I got one too!! It's cool to play with and really easy to clean up!! She's gonna love it!!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Great deal!! I've got one of those (not Pampered Chef) and I love it. Try doing a potato on it. lol

yup and then frying the potatoes strings... we put nacho cheese sauce on them, sour cream,salsa, traditional ketchup, the toppings are unlimited..lol

nice find joe. i as well have been looking for a pampered chef one..i have found some cheaper plastic ones at thrift stores but will wait it out..lol

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I got one too!! It's cool to play with and really easy to clean up!! She's gonna love it!!

What's this SHE business. SHE doesn't make the pies around here, HE does! And HE makes a pretty damn good pie, if HE does say so HIMSELF!:twak:

I'm sure your comment was just an err in judgment, and you are forgiven.:flowers::yankchain::yankchain:Just yankin' your chain. I still love you.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
hahahahaa..I got me one of those too! It was a lifesaver last year after apple picking. Making 15 jars of applesauce requires lots of peeled apples and that thing made quick work of all of them.

Plus, it's about the coolest looking thing in the kitchen:whistle:

pugger

I need one of those, almost broke the tupperware model last week - forgot to peel the apple (GS) before forcing it thru :oops: