Problem w/ Logging Out

Lefty

Yank
You will have to clear all your history, cookies...

For internet expolrer, go to tool pull down and select internet options,

at the browsing history select the delete button.

select temporary internet files, cookies and history, then hit the delete button on the bottom.

Once this is done, reload the page and you should be logged out.

Please let me know if you have any other problems.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
After you log out and it says all cookies cleared, what do you do next? What button do you click to see if you are still logged on?
Probably the big banner in the upper left hand corner which takes you to the bottom of the page to view the hot threads.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Doc, I think VB keeps us listed on here for an hour or so after we leave. I often get on NCT in the morning before I go to work. I'm logged in as me, and I close out of Firefox before I leave for work.

When I get to work, about 30-60 minutes later, I often go to NCT anonymously (my login & password are not saved on my work computer), and I can still see myself logged in at the bottom of the front page, where it shows who's online. I think this may the phenomenon that CalCook is seeing.

I've gotten used to expecting it, but I've noticed sometimes someone will post to you or message you thinking you're online, and you've left an hour ago. It happened to me a few months ago, trying to reach a mod who wasn't really there.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Silver Sage, I think users show up at the bottom for about an hour. After no activity for a time they drop.

I think the green dots in who's online and in posts are almost instant.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Silver Sage, I think users show up at the bottom for about an hour. After no activity for a time they drop.

That's what I'm saying - and I think CalCook is seeing it and wondering why it still shows her online when she's not there anymore. It's just something that happens in VB, and it's not anything she's doing or not doing. I don't think cookies are the problem. I think she's just seeing herself still listed for abut an hour or so and wondering why.

CalCook, watch and see if it lasts about an hour. If so, it's just part of the program and there isn't much you can do about it on an individual basis.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You guys are right about the 60 minutes of inactivity before one is shown as off line, but CA Cook is actually hitting the log out button. When you do that it logs you off immediately. You should not show up as waiting for the 60 minute time out.

However, if you log out and then hit one of the buttons to see if you are logged out, that could log you back in automatically so you will still show up in the logged on users list. I think that was the issue CA Cook was talking of. For me, I rarely log out as I like the auto logon when I return. I use firefox and have it remember my password so it's a very clean / easy process to be logged back onto the forums.

You guys are right about the 60 minutes of inactivity before one is shown as off line, but CA Cook is actually hitting the log out button. When you do that it logs you off immediately. You should not show up as waiting for the 60 minute time out.

However, if you log out and then hit one of the buttons to see if you are logged out, that could log you back in automatically so you will still show up in the logged on users list. I think that was the issue CA Cook was talking of. For me, I rarely log out as I like the auto logon when I return. I use firefox and have it remember my password so it's a very clean / easy process to be logged back onto the forums.

Yes, Doc. That is it, exactly --not about viewing who is on line, etc. When I return later, I am still 'logged in'.