Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Mmmm! I can almost taste it. :)

attachment.php

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i want a slice of that meatloaf!

i haven't got linguine & where's my artichoke....... may may be @ my Mom's, & my burger's frozen, so pasta another nite!
i could make a garlicky carrot soup, w/ a beef-based broth-

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Gosh, nice dinners tonight! Peeps, your soup looks wonderful, and the meatloaf is very tempting, Joe! Nice quesadillas, Bam, and I'm definitely going to the store for salad stuff tomorrow. LS, you make beautiful salads. Our friend Sean celebrated his 60th birthday with us tonight, along with DD. I made a special pork loin roast - stuffed with pistachios and apricots and rolled. It was pretty good, and I made an apricot/mustard sauce to go with it. Also red cabbage with apples, au gratin potatoes and broccoli. And German's Chocolate Cake. It was yummy. We had a fun evening with good friends and good food.

Attachments

• DSCF0978.jpg
    DSCF0978.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 122

buckytom

Grill Master
everyone's food looks so goot tonight!!! :applause:

i had to pick up cat and parrot food today, so as our regular sushi joint is practically next door, we went for japanese take out.

my boy had the chicken teryaki dinner, miso soup, and an eel hand roll.

dw had a salad, a brown rice godzilla roll, a brown rice california roll, and a veggie gyoza.

i had a salad, the sushi deluxe platter, an eel hand roll and a salmon skin hand roll.

how do you squeal like a pig in japanese?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you LS, Karen and Bucky.

Your salad looks soooo good LS!! I need to make a salad soon with oyster crackers!! LOL I love oyster crackers but don't buy them often. Because I LOVE them!!

Karen YUMMY!! I would love a plate of your dinner. Very colorful with the purple cabbage and green broccoli!! And those potatoes!! I want some cake. Wheres the cake?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps! It was a good dinner, but I'm not sure that I'll make that pork roast recipe again - alot of trouble for something that looked pretty, but might not have been worth the effort. I sent most of the cake home with Sean and DD, but I might get a pic of one piece later today. It was definitely worth the effort. Very moist and flavorful.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Banh mi. Never heard of it til yesterday here. In the paper yesterday a small sandwich shop was given good reviews with that sandwich getting high marks. The place is near where my hubby often stops in for lunch. Will tell him about it. He favors a family owned Greek sandwich shop now.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peeps! It was a good dinner, but I'm not sure that I'll make that pork roast recipe again - alot of trouble for something that looked pretty, but might not have been worth the effort. I sent most of the cake home with Sean and DD, but I might get a pic of one piece later today. It was definitely worth the effort. Very moist and flavorful.
Did you post the cake recipe?

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I haven't posted the recipe, because it is the one from Cook's Illustrated...it is a really superior cake recipe, and I'll try to find a public source for it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I did not separate the cake into four layers, just used two. It seemed like too little cake and too much frosting to me to do it that way (the layers were not very thick). Later this afternoon, we'll be having some coffee and cake and I'll take a picture. It is a seriously delicious, moist and flavorful cake. A bit of a project to make, but absolutely worth it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My #2 favorite flavor combo!! I love chocolate and coconut PERFECT TOGETHER!! I make a blend of coffee with chocolate and coconut beans YUMMY!!

My #1 favorite flavor combo is chocolate and coffee. I have a fantastic Mocha Brownie recipe!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I did not separate the cake into four layers, just used two. It seemed like too little cake and too much frosting to me to do it that way (the layers were not very thick). Later this afternoon, we'll be having some coffee and cake and I'll take a picture. It is a seriously delicious, moist and flavorful cake. A bit of a project to make, but absolutely worth it.
Can't wait to see yours if you took the picture Karen.:flowers:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
We had turkey meatloaf tonight and it was very good. Need to learn how to post pictures, it was really pretty too.