15 Clove Shrimp & Zuchinni on Linguine

K

Kimchee

I have decided that garlic, butter and zuchinni are a natural matched Trilogy of Flavors....
I didn't write the recipe for this down...
15 cloves of garlic, saute in 1/2 stick of butter, add zucchini, grape tomatoes, shrimp, sprinkle of salt, cook till shrimp is done. Serve on linguini.

(It was going to be 40 clove, but I got tired of slicing, LOLOL)

Attachments

• 15CloveShrimp.jpg
    15CloveShrimp.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 129

AllenOK

That does look good! I'd sprinkle some thyme when I started sauteing (I'm addicted to thyme), and hit it with a splash of white wine, as I love the garlic/wine/butter flavor.

homecook

I use those ingredients alone but adding the shrimp and tomatoes takes it over the top!! Great idea Kimchee.....I will be making this.

K

Kimchee

You know Allen, I think I did splash some white wine in there. I HATE it when I don't write down my ingredients and it turns out yummy!

AllenOK

I've been known to keep a pad of paper and a pen handy when I'm creating. Once I get the basic ingredients and some measurements down, I'll type it up, print, then try to repeat it at a later date to fine-tune the recipe. Sometimes it takes a long time to perfect something.

K

Kimchee

I slap a Post It note on the cabinet, with my concept, and make notes on that.
I think I have a photo of the inside of one door somewhere...

AllenOK

I've also been known to keep a laptop in the kitchen, with a recipe typed up, ready for changes and saving at any time.

Of course, I don't have a working laptop now, so it's back to pen and paper for me.

K

Kimchee

Found my cabinet door recipe picture.

Attachments

• RecipeDoor.jpg
    RecipeDoor.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 103
K

Kimchee

I will print out recipes too. I have a magnet on my stove vent hood to hold them.
Really need something better than a big clip to organize those. Someday I will get a
nice little binder... yeah, someday.... ;)

And glad to hear that I am not the only messy cook here!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I stopped printing out cause i was going thru ink so fast, LOL. I have all of mine in a database which is searchable, but sometimes I just want to browse thru and see what is there to get ideas, haven't come up with an easy system for that yet, so I had an idea. I thought I might use Publisher to create a calendar and on each day I would add in one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert (and maybe one drink LOL).
Then as I went thru the year it would be easy to 're-visit' recipes that I had favorited and would have the chance to make it at least once.

K

Kimchee

Hey, that's an idea! Keep a spreadsheet of what you cook each day. Could do charts of all sorts of fun statistics. Course, I would forget to update it.
Someday, I will get around to lugging our "spare" desktop computer upstairs, hooking it into our network, and having a nifty kitchen computer available. Come to think of it, with the new flat style monitors, it will now fit. hmmmm.....