APRICOT-STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST

Jim54

Apricot-StuffedChickenBreast_0068.jpg

Apricot-stuffed chicken breast is very easy to make and delicious. My recipe comes directly from the Pillsbury recipe site. One of the things I love about this recipe is that it is so cheap. While the recipe does call for 2 chicken breasts, you can just use 1 with the same other ingredients, use half and not feel like you are wasting money!

Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup Whole Grain Total® cereal, slightly crushed
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/3 cup apricot preserves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper, if desired

Directions
  1. Heat oven to 350F.
  2. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down. Gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/4 inch thick.
  3. In small bowl, mix cereal, apricots and butter. Spoon half of cereal mixture on center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken in half horizontally over stuffing; secure with toothpicks. Place in ungreased 9-inch square pan.
  4. In a small saucepan, heat preserves and lemon juice over medium-low heat. sitting occasionally, until preserves are melted. Pour over chicken.
  5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes making sure the inside temperature of the chicken reaches 170F. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving Suggestions
I served it on white rice and a side of mixed baby vegetables.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
very very tasty looking

i am an apricot lover....in my hot sauces, in my bbq sauces, dried,fresh,glazed and jellied...its all good..lol

Jim54

very very tasty looking

i am an apricot lover....in my hot sauces, in my bbq sauces, dried,fresh,glazed and jellied...its all good..lol

There are recipes for this dish that actually call for hot sauce. You might want to try adding some.