Expiration Dates

I bought frozen blueberry blintzes this past summer, & put them in the freezer. Pulled them out today, but didn't see an expiration date. Shouldn't there be an expiration date on the product/food? My instincts are to toss them, since it's dairy & fruit. I always adhere to - when in doubt, throw it out. What say you?

Deelady

I would think being in the freezer it should still be fine, given that it doesnt have any freezer burn or look bad. If it was from two Summer's ago then that would be a different story! ;)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Some products like this will last forever with the Twinkie coming to mind. Now I personally would toss it out but that is me.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I would say they would be fine. Check them carefully before eating.

homecook

Why would you toss them?? They were in the freezer and preserved. I'd eat them unless like Dee said they were freezer burned....IMO

Thank you deelady, joe & miniman. As I mentioned, it has dairy & fruit, if you're familiar with blintzes. Cheese products do not freeze well. I thought, by law, all foods must have an expiration date -- unless my tired eyes missed it. I will toss them, & look for dates on their future products before I buy. Hope that clarifies my queries/point.

ETA: Just looked up & saw your post. Thanks Fryboy. It's not been defrosted etc. Think the cheese quality/taste may suffer.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter