Green onion recall

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
You know, as much as I LOVE green onions, I think at this point I'll just give them up altogether in favour of something else.
This is how many times since that incident in '03 where they've been recalled?

chowhound

I don't eat green onions, but I've seen others adding them to dishes and they really add something to the looks of the dish. Now I just may crawl back in my hole and hold off getting some (lol).

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I just threw mine out :(. They were from Salinas, Ca, and it said "product of Mexico". No sense taking a chance.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
CARP! I love green onions too. Looks like I'll leave them alone for a awhile! Thanks Chow!

It's weird, but vegetables like green onions just aren't something I would think would be carrying salmonella. Wild.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I just checked the last batch we got and thankfully not these. I will say though the last few times I've used them it has been to cook in something else such as navy bean soup. I also used some in Cooksie's Mustard Potatoes though I sautéed them with red onion and celery so again they were cooked first.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Production Dates: 80309; 80709; 80809; 81109; 81209; 81309.
hopefully with the august dates most of them have gone bad by now and others have been cooked well enough to kill the little bugger germs. i also love raw/ uncooked scallions on/in many things including tacos and salsa