Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Ok you baby cabbage haters, you have to try these! They are GREAT!!!!!!:thumb:

about 1 1/2 - 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 - 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Set oven temp at 400F

Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.

RNE228

Sushi,
That works nicely for a lot of vegetables. My wife has done that for years. She'll do some zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, regular potato, brussel sprout, broccoli, etc. Throw some thick sliced red onion on there, and some red, yellow, and green bell pepper for color. We also have a basket for on the grill, which works nicely too.

It takes a little experimenting when using more than one veggie; how thick they are cut affects the cook time.

A little soy sauce drizzled on is really good. If you use soy sauce, you can delete the salt(soy sauce is salty...)

BigAl

Sushi,
That works nicely for a lot of vegetables. My wife has done that for years. She'll do some zucchini, carrot, sweet potato, regular potato, brussel sprout, broccoli, etc. Throw some thick sliced red onion on there, and some red, yellow, and green bell pepper for color. We also have a basket for on the grill, which works nicely too.

It takes a little experimenting when using more than one veggie; how thick they are cut affects the cook time.

A little soy sauce drizzled on is really good. If you use soy sauce, you can delete the salt(soy sauce is salty...)

With all this talk , You guys are blowin my diet all to hell !

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I love brussle sprouts! I assume that these are fresh brussle sprouts you are using right? Not the frozen stuff?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I make these a lot. Simple and delicious!

Wish I'd remember to grate a little nutmeg on them (I think that is a tip from Leni).

Here are some of tonight's batch.

Lee

Attachments

• Roasted brussels sprouts.JPG
    Roasted brussels sprouts.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 125

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made these tonight and they were the best ever!

Halve them, toss with olive oil, s&p, and garlic powder.

Roast at 425 for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.

Perfect!

Lee

Attachments

• Brussels Sprouts.JPG
    Brussels Sprouts.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 110

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
around here we're getting them 'on the stem' about now - really good!
buying them in a plastic tub is iffy - sometimes they're good, sometimes not.