Pork Loin Chops in Gravy

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Pork Loin Chops Smothered in Gravy

Ingredients

4 Loin Chops, 1/2” – 3/4” thick
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Flour and Seasonings (Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, etc)
Oil for frying

Procedure

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

On a cutting board, place a loin chop and then grab your meat mallet. Preferably, the mallet has the spiked tenderizing side. Pound the loin chop until it is 1/4” or less in thickness. You’ll need to flip the chop as you are pounding after ever 6-8 strikes. Repeat until all chops have been pounded.

In a large bowl, add flour and seasoning. Dip pounded chops into water or a milk and egg mixture. Now dredge in flour till well coated.

Fry the coated chops in 375 degree oil until the crust is nicely browned and set, about 8 minutes per side.

Place fried chops in a baking dish.

In a large bowl combine the Cream of Mushroom soup and 1 can of hot water. Whisk until well blended and smooth. Pour soup over fried chops in the baking dish. Cover tightly in foil and the bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Serve with mashed potatoes and comparable sides.

Notes

I love loins chops, but you have to be careful with them. They can easily get tough and dry. Using this method, you basically treat the chop as a cubed steak. It’s wonderful. Very juicy, flavorful, and absolutely fork tender. No knife needed and true comfort food. After doing this a few times, we no longer buy cubed steaks since this allows us better quality and the ability to control the actual cut we get. I only cook for two, so I only used 2 Loin chops, and then cut them into shapes to fit the baking dish before I fried them.

And yeah, you can use Cream of Mushroom soup with this. It tastes phenomenal. You could also use your own favorite gravy, even homemade. Gravy or a suitable Béchamel is NOT hard to do. But this is even easier, and tastes oh so good. Pick your own path for the gravy.

We served the chops smothered in gravy with mashed potatoes & gravy, fried okra, northern white beans, turnip greens, and corn bread muffins (that’s right Bam!!).

Pictures

Say hello to my little friend!
Step_3-29.jpg

Just beat it!
Step_1-34.jpg

Step_2-35.jpg

Fry them up.
Step_4-26.jpg

Into a baking dish.
Step_5-21.jpg

Cover with Cream of Mushroom soup, and then bake covered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Step_6-20.jpg

Step_7-16.jpg

Plate with favorite sides.
Step_8-14.jpg

Turnip Greens on the side with a bottle of hot vinegar sauce.
Step_9-11.jpg

lilylove

I do this too Keltin only I use milk instead of water when I mix up the "gravy".

I think it is thicker that way. I also add some mushrooms (cuz I love them!) :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Mushrooms are such a great addition that we do as well. This is just a great way to do the loin chops isn't it!! :clap:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
its 20 after 3am and i am hungry now.. i still need to find someone to cook me greens so i will like them.... havent found that person yet..lol

K

Kimchee

Sounds delicious!

Pan fried pork chops simmered in cream of mushroom soup is a favorite Family Recipe
memory of mine! After he finished off his chop, Dad would always take two slices of
bread and cover them with gravy, then enjoy them.
He called it a "Poor Man's Steak".
He's gone, but whenever I make this dish, I always make sure we have bread, because i just love those Poor Man's Steaks!

I submit that pork chops in mushroom soup gravy is a near perfect taste combination.