Pork Loin Chops with Wine and Mustard Sauce

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Tried something new tonight. Worked out rather well.

Pork Loin Chops with Wine and Mustard Sauce

Ingredients

4 Boneless loin chops, fat trimmed, 1” thick
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup White Wine
1 tsp minced Garlic
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Butter
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 Tbsp Honey
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste

Procedure

Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Once hot, add chops and brown on both sides, about 4 minutes. Remove chops to a platter and cover to keep warm.

Add wine and garlic to skillet. Cook uncovered until wine is nearly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Once nearly evaporated, add chops back to pan along with any collected juice. Note: You can leave the chops in at this point if they are exceptionally thick. Just be careful as loin chops over-cook and become tough easily.

Reduce the heat to medium and add the chicken stock. Turn chop, then cover and cook for 10 minutes or until chops are done (they should be tender and firm, but not hard and dry). Internal temp will be 155-160 at this point. You’ll want to turn the chops once halfway through the cooking process.

Remove chops to platter and over. Let rest. Meanwhile, increase heat in skillet and bring pan mixture to boil. If pan mixture is too thin at this point, add a little more stock. Heat at boiling while scraping bottom of pan to release all stuck bits. Add the mustard, W. sauce, lemon, honey, and butter. Stir to incorporate, and cook 1-2 minutes to reduce a bit.

Plate chops and pour sauce of them. Serve immediately. When plating, be liberal with the sauce as it's nice to dip each bite of pork into it for more flavor.

Got a great deal on a whole loin, so I cut my own chops.
Step_1-7.jpg

Step_2-7.jpg

Step_3-4.jpg

Brown the chops.
Step_4-3.jpg

Reduce the wine and garlic, then add remaining sauce ingredients and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, covered.
Step_5-2.jpg

Plate with pan sauce.
Step_6-1.jpg

Step_7-1.jpg

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
looks great Keltin...

i see so many possibilities with the leftover pork loin...canadian bacon, peameal bacon, stuff grilled loin, Q'd loin...oh i need to unthaw that loin in the freezer.lol

High Cheese

Saucier
Good deal on the pork. I do a similar sauce for steak: swap white for red, chicken for beef and the honey for a thyme sprig.