hmm I tried to change my avatar and get error message: image type not supported ....

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
and it's a .jpg image. :confused:

Is anyone else having trouble with images?

I'm going to post a pic here ...just to see if I can. It's a .jpg image.

Nope. Can not add a jpg image to my post. What's up with that?

KKsMom

Blond Member
I just tried to change my avatar and profile pic but both were too big; one was 250x100 and the other was even bigger... my error message said they have to be 100x100. I doubt that helps but thought I would share :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I updated teh PHP & GD / image software.
I hope we can now add images.

This is a test:

Attachments

• donotwantis3.jpg
    donotwantis3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 26

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
I tried to help Smoke King with his avatar and all I get is 'file wont load'. It is the same avatar that he uses on the 'other' forum. Anybody got any clues?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
There may be a difference in the size avatar Doc allows and what the other forum is set for.

Here, no larger than 120x120 pixels and max of 29.3kb file size. I would set it at 120x120 but save it a little smaller maybe 28.5 or so. I think doc allows jpg and gif file types.

Jim

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am with Jim, double check the size, file type, and pixels. I can help on that if you send me the image. I can check it in MS Editor and make sure, then send it back to you.

chowhound

When I uploaded my avatar from my computer, the forum automatically corrected it to the correct/smaller size.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When I uploaded my avatar from my computer, the forum automatically corrected it to the correct/smaller size.

Yep, this version of vBulletin is supposed to resize within certain limits. Some pics are too big even after being resized.

This original problem was caused by conflicting settings. Once I updated PHP and GD we've been good to go. No pic problems. :D

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Ok, I just got it to work... SK now has his avatar! I was using the wrong pic... now that would have been funny! (I should post a goofy pic just to mess with him!!!)