What have you eaten Sunday 11/4/2018 to Saturday 11/10/2018?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Not quite sure what dinner will be. I’m leaning towards sausage and eggs. Maybe homemade biso. But things can change at any time.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
re-run on the pork and cannellini - veddy good stuff.

Attachments

• imall.jpg
    imall.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 164

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Finally a nice autumn day!

Grilled pork tenderloin, grilled asparagus with parm cheese, and the last of my garden tomatoes with rosemary focaccia for dunking.

Chowder, your pork and cannellini dish looks wonderful!

Lee

Attachments

• Pork.JPG
    Pork.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 155

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We had homemade pita with Greek meatballs and tzatziki. We were supposed to have some of the dolmades I had made previously and frozen, but Craig and I both forgot to take them out.

Attachments

• 2018-11-04 19.16.49.jpg
    2018-11-04 19.16.49.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 152

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Steak-Mashed Potato's. We ate late, We skipped the zucchini.

Attachments

• Sun din.jpg
    Sun din.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 161

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Chicken Marsala, Harvard Beets, and the last (Finally!) of the Cauliflower, Steamed...

Chicken Marsala, Harvard Beets, Cauliflower.jpg

The other side of the breast will figure into lunch in some way....

Chicken Breast, Pounded, Dredged & Fried.jpg

Johnny West

Last night I made sloppy joe's to put on baked potatoes; nothing fancy but good and filling.

Today I'll put some beef in the crockpot for baracoa and jackfruit tacos for Peter.

Johnny West

Barbacoa - I had two petite sirloins in the freezer I got out Saturday night, cleaned the fat and this morning put in the crockpot with a quart of beef broth, onion, and a little chili powder and cumin. I put two cups of garbanzo beans to soak and will finish them off late this afternoon. I'll also do a pot of rice and make a bean and rice broth to go with the meat.

The jackfruit will be made into tacos; taco seasonings, onions, and jackfruit; for Peter. I'll make him a veg broth with beans and rice. It's all pretty basic and nothing fancy.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The jackfruit will be made into tacos; taco seasonings, onions, and jackfruit; for Peter. I'll make him a veg broth with beans and rice. It's all pretty basic and nothing fancy.

I'm very interested in seeing this! I don't know if I can find any, and (all joking aside), I've read that it tastes like chicken.

Lee

Update: Just looked it up online, and I'm sure I can get this at one of the two huge Asian supermarkets near me. I am SO going to try this one!

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/easy-vegan-jackfruit-tacos/

Last edited:

Embryodad

Turkey burger on a low carb bun. Brussels sprouts with a tsp of butter.

Onion on the burger was a red onion, and thick. It was half cooked!
awful!.... I bit into the burger, and the onion pulled out and onto my chin. Horrible event! hahahahahahaha

IMG_1285.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
From the frozen Entree' section...
Tomato-Pepper Marinated Salmon Fillets, Spinach w/ Garlic & Butter, Steamed Baby Yukons, Buttered...

Salmon Filets in Tomato-Pepper Sauce.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been to Big Boy, cooked at my sons house (made a batch of black bean and corn chilli, he grilled Sunday- ribs, corn on the cob, I made zucchini fritters.
Nice break I had with them all.
I got home yesterday and took a long nap,then did my night shift.

Don't know if I'll roast the whole chicken I have this evening, or just have some of the leftover chili.
Been busy!

Johnny West

I thought about a whole chicken but got out a package of thighs instead. I'll do French Onion Chicken tonight, a recipe I got on Facebook.

Last night's barbacoa was good but I overdid the chick peas. There are enough leftover to make hummus for the weekend. I soaked two cups of garbanzo beans and added some to the broth and is excellent. Way, to much fibre, though... :D

Taco Tuesday was last night: shredded beef, cilantro, onions, and Valentina's hot sauce.

Attachments

• #####Barbacoa Taco.jpg
    #####Barbacoa Taco.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 141

Embryodad

I thought about a whole chicken but got out a package of thighs instead. I'll do French Onion Chicken tonight, a recipe I got on Facebook.

Last night's barbacoa was good but I overdid the chick peas. There are enough leftover to make hummus for the weekend. I soaked two cups of garbanzo beans and added some to the broth and is excellent. Way, to much fibre, though... :D

Taco Tuesday was last night: shredded beef, cilantro, onions, and Valentina's hot sauce.

If I may ask? In what respect do you mean "Way too much fiber?"
hahahahahahahaaa
In my case, I love salad greens, but the fiber stops me up; if you know what I'm saying! hahahaha:bonk::bonk:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Simple lunch here too- Open face Hot Beef Sandwich w/ Cucumber & 3 bean Salad. Glass of Milk

Attachments

• t lu.jpg
    t lu.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 140

Johnny West

If I may ask? In what respect do you mean "Way too much fiber?"
hahahahahahahaaa
In my case, I love salad greens, but the fiber stops me up; if you know what I'm saying! hahahaha:bonk::bonk:

After several margaritas it seemed like a good idea to have a big cup of broth full of chick peas - it tasted so good. :laugh:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Fiber has the opposite result on me. It makes things MOVE along FAST. :blush:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti and meatballs. Craig made an excellent batch tonight.

Attachments

• 2018-11-06 17.50.07.jpg
    2018-11-06 17.50.07.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 138

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry no picture.

Three country ribs seasoned with Southwest seasoning in the Instant Pot 20 Min then under the broiler to finish.

Next up in the Instant Pot, Brussels sprouts 1 minute. Warm Bacon Vinegarette, sort of.

4 slices bacon cut small crisped,
Some Bacon grease
4 Garlic cloves minced.
3 maybe 4 Tbsp Guilden's Mustard
Half a finely chopped large yellow onion.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
About 1/4 cup Red Wine vinegar.

Sounds funny, tasted good.
Dog liked the leftovers.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last night's dinner was compliments of Boston Market's kind offer of a BOGO on their Chicken Pies, which I've never really shown an interest in.. so, one for dinner and one in the freezer.....
I might mention that I bought these just before noon (Had to get out and get back during a break in the rain) so re-heating was the plan.... Happy to say that 15 minutes in the Air Fryer @ 250 did the job perfectly !

Critique ; Not much negative to say about this pie... Over-priced, IMHO, @ seven bucks, but a reasonable meal @ 3.50 !
It's loaded with chicken, the crust was a little stiff, but that was probably my fault - probably would have been better if eaten at POS (Point of Sale)

Boston Chicken Pie alongside the KFC Cloned Slaw, with Chopped Jalapeno's...

Chicken Pie Presented

Boston Market Chicken Pie.jpg

Chicken Pie Exposed

Boston Market Chicken Pie, Exposed.jpg

Chicken Pie De-Crusted

Boston Market Chicken Pie, Decrusted.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That pie looks fab, Lucky!
The crust reminds me of the KFC chicken pies.

Speaking of chicken, I've got the bird thawing for roasting.
I'll stuff it with an onion, then rub with lemon pepper.
The recipe I was looking at said stuff with baby carrots as well.
Mash and chicken gravy as sides, perhaps corn too.