Creamed Corn Casserole W/pics.

Guts

This is nothing fancy but goes well with Hamburgers. It's very easy to make, and most of the ingredients we have in are pantries. I included a pic. of the cracker meal for those that haven't seen it before. Also the chilies.

Corn Casserole

1 can sweet corn cream style

½ cup cracker meal

1&½ cups grated cheese (I use cheddar and jack but the recipe calls for cheddar)

2/3 cup of milk

½ can (4oz) Ortega diced chilies (I like to use diced Jalapenos and diced chilies a total of 6oz) or about 4 Tablespoons total or there about to taste. The Ortega diced chilies are not to hot, and I like this a little hotter. I also put the left over chilies in a baggie and freeze for the next time or double the recipe.

1 egg beaten

Mix all ingredients except egg. Then fold in the beaten egg. Pour in buttered casserole dish and dot with butter.

A bake 35 minuet at 350° or until the center is set, not runny.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 172
  • crackermeal.gif
    crackermeal.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 177

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
looks yummy!!

i love your garlic keepers. I can't find any nice large ones like that.

Guts

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Guts, the casserole sounds great!

I've never seen cracker meal. Can I just use crushed crackers, say Saltines or Ritz?

Lee

Guts

Lee I think Ritz might be on the rich side, maybe crackers with no salt would work. The cracker meal is made by Nabisco® I think they are in most stores. This product has been around for a very long time, I can remember it as a kid, Mother used it in meatloaf, and breading chicken.