How Tuna Noodle casserole put a smile on my face for hours

samjrfnutjc

Last night I’m in the kitchen making Tuesday night’s version of crap (dinner at my house) when I get a call from my DD (daddy dearest). He asks me what going into a tuna noodle casserole so I say, tuna, noodles, cream of mushroom soup, milk, pepper. He asks how long to cook it, 350 – 375. I reply 350 for about ½ hr. Ok we got all that.

Now knowing my father as I do he always has to kick it up a notch. So I say then you could put in a vegetable like pees I’m thinking. He replies “I just open a fresh can of jalapenos.” I’m thinking he’s kidding me but probably not. He goes on to tell me how his wife told him no more grocery shopping till everything in the house is used. I’m thinking “oh no she said this before, didn’t she learn anything last time.”

He then tells me that tomorrow nights dinner will be pancakes with rice. Now I’ve heard of people having breakfast for dinner before but pancakes and rice just don’t mix. Next he’s putting crushed red pepper into this poor tuna casserole and asked if carrots are sepost to be black. By this point I’m just going with it because I no it’s going to be a rough week in him house with the no shopping thing. For tonight he suggested making pancake roll-ups with the tuna casserole in the middle. Once again I’m laughing.

We finally say goodnight and I go onto putting my crap on the table with a smile and thinking “I’m so glad I’m not eating at my dad’s house.”

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum: That is hysterical! I can't imagine what your Dad's dinner ended up tasting like but I'm with you - glad I'm not eating there!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Maybe it wasn't great! I don't recall anyone asking for seconds. Come to think of it Bear & liam weren't real interested either.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good story, sam! LOL!

Andy, why didn't you come to us for help? LOLOLOL!

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Oh gosh Lee - Ever have one of those days? I walked in the door dead tired. Sun the what do I have to ake for dinner wheel and came up blank.

Since I have been cooking, I have never actually made a tuna noodle casserole.