1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Vinegar
2 tablespoons Dry mustard
3 tablespoons Brown sugar
1/4 cup Sweet Chili sauce
8 Pork Loin chops, 1/2-3/4" thick
Salt and pepper

Pre-heat oven to 400F;
Combine everything (except the chops) and blend well. Season chops with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange in a glass baking dish, cover and bake for 1 hour, uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.
Serves 4

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This sounds very good and easy to do. Have you made it before, Lucky? Do the chops come out very tender? Also, I know this is a dumb question but what is sweet chili sauce?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, Maa'm ! moist and tender !

re; your "dumb question"--- In my view, there is no such thing as a dumb question, although dumb answers are as common as sin !

Sweet chili sauce is a Thai creation, which if you are up to it and have access to the sometimes esoteric ingredients, can blow away most commercial brands......being sorta a short-cutter in the sauce kitchen, I buy it bottled at tha Asian Mart.........
looks like this (pay no attention to the stove-top, it needs a polish)

You could also use a good fired up chili sauce and slowly add honey until you have a sweet-hot level that suits you.........beware! my experience is that India-style sweet chili sauce is still too killer to be called "sweet"
LT

362278014.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
well;
Sriracha could be a base ingredient if you were building your own, but Sriracha has nothing sweet about it ! Sriracha is pure heat, a paste made from sun ripened chillies, with very little flavor of it's own...........

Easiest way to experience sweet chili sauce is to walk your grocery's international aisle..... Kikkoman makes a good one.
Just make sure it's SWEET chili sauce.:tiphat:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
well;
Sriracha could be a base ingredient if you were building your own, but Sriracha has nothing sweet about it ! Sriracha is pure heat, a paste made from sun ripened chillies, with very little flavor of it's own...........

Easiest way to experience sweet chili sauce is to walk your grocery's international aisle..... Kikkoman makes a good one.
Just make sure it's SWEET chili sauce.:tiphat:
Thanks, that was what I needed to know. I have lots of sriracha because my sons put it on everything!!! Me, I'm scared of it. But I have a huge sweet tooth so I am definitely am going to try this.