Microwave Eggs, South Beach Diet...

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I started the South Beach diet on Monday. I'm trying to lose some weight that I've gained over the past few years. It's working out pretty well, except for breakfast which is always a rush.

This morning I brought two raw eggs and some shaved boiled ham to work. I shredded the ham, mixed it into the eggs, and stuck it in the microwave. I cooked it on high for 90 sec. stirring every 30 sec. It turned out pretty darn good! Next time I might add some cheese to make it even better!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
That's basically what I did, only I tried it without the cooking spray. It stuck to the sides a little, but I just scraped them off, and mixed it in...

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I like making scrambled eggs in the microwave, Robsan, but I've never added ham. I have added shredded cheese, and it works great. Thanks for the tip about the ham - I'll try it next time I'm making brekkie for the guys.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Microwaving eggs is the method I use the most.
I call them bowl eggs.
Just mix 2 eggs, a teensy bit of butter and a drop of milk, then add green onions, bacon bits, some thyme and keep checking and stirring until it sets.
AFTER I run a knife around the bowl and plop it on a plate, back to nuke with a little cheese on long enough to melt, then eat it with toast, sometimes broken with a fork and served atop the toast triangles.