Pre mixed seasoning

Cajun cook

Here in Louisiana seasoning is what it's about. Everyone clams there's is the best. But when you can slap your own momma and still say yours is better ... you better be right ! Lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413508182.108225.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love this one, CC. But when I have to say the name out loud, I say it differently every time (never correctly, I'm sure).

How do you pronounce it?

Lee

Attachments

• tony chachere's.jpg
    tony chachere's.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 267

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
unheard of. takes a minute or so to make a seasoning. if that. too simplistic.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have to ask you can get this in the Bostin area?

You know, I'm not sure.

I believe I was having trouble finding it, so a friend sent me a case of it years ago, and I have enough of it to last me the rest of my life! :biggrin:

Love it on cottage cheese!

Lee

P.S. Thanks for the phonetic pronunciation, CC! I'll never remember it, but thanks! :respect:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Most of these are salt so I tend to mix up my own minus the salt in most cases. I like to control my salt at the time of cooking rather than adding as part of every other seasoning mix. In some cases it is pretty hard to do as some ingredients have salt regardless so it can't be removed. For this I'm just aware and salt to taste if possible.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've never tried Slap Ya Mama. It's awfully popular, so I guess I should branch out. I usually use Tony Chachere's, the Louisiana seasonings, and Old Bay.

K

Kimchee

I just read the ingredients, make a list on my phone and go home to duplicate. Like joec, I avoid these pre-mixed because of the salt content. I'd rather add more herbs and spices, and gently tweak the salt content to get the same result.
See my signature line. ;) ;) :)