Do you have a young aspiring cookin in your family?

Shermie

Site Supporter
There's one in mine, and here he is!!

He loves to cook & bake!! :cooking:

Attachments

• 297785_2316404515410_7888590_n.jpg
    297785_2316404515410_7888590_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 220

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love it when kids like to cook and bake!

Have fun with him, Sherman!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks!

He's really an amazing person!!

He makes sure that no one ever goes hungry. He likes to eat as well, though I'm kind of worried about his weight.

He's a big boy!! But his heart is in the right place! He and his siblings are very respectful, kind and considerate!! I love them all, but THIS one is has captured my heart and he really makes me feel like a kid again!! He always has a bright and cheerful smile and a great personality!!:bbq3:

Attachments

• Devon..jpg
    Devon..jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
He also loves to play cards, and his favorite card game is War. He loves to win, but he hates to lose (what kid doesn't?). :smile:

CharlieD

My 9 year old doesn't cook much, but she can whip a batch of cookies like you've never had before. I prefer her baking to my wifes. Shh, I did not say that, or at least you've necver heard me say that.

Shermie

Site Supporter
It is so much fun when kids like to cook & bake!!

I got started when i was my great nephews age, and I want to share with him the things that I know and have learned over the years!!

He looks up to me and I'm so proud of him for wanting to follow in my footsteps!! :weber: :hotdog:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here he is - a little older now. His hair growing out makes him look like he a lot older than he actually is though!

Now he's a food critic, of all things!! :eating2:

Attachments

• Day-Day, now a food critic!.jpg
    Day-Day, now a food critic!.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 156

Ian M.

Nice looking kiddo, Shermie. Not surprising you're proud of him! Has he mastered your 7-up cake yet? That cake, in the photos you've posted of it, is a real beauty. Looks good enough to eat...............I hope my son grows up wanting to learn to cook but so far, he and his Teddy Bear only know how to eat! Lots! Hey, anyone, do they ever outgrow that hollow leg?

Ian :chef:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Nice looking kiddo, Shermie. Not surprising you're proud of him! Has he mastered your 7-up cake yet? That cake, in the photos you've posted of it, is a real beauty. Looks good enough to eat...............I hope my son grows up wanting to learn to cook but so far, he and his Teddy Bear only know how to eat! Lots! Hey, anyone, do they ever outgrow that hollow leg?

Ian :chef:

He has successfully made cakes, but I don't think that he's made the 7up cake yet. His mom might have. I'll gladly let him watch me make one and show him how to do it!!

He'll be asking me lots of questions & talking me to death, I'm sure, and I'll just love it all, so he'll probably want to do one someday soon!

And BTW, his brother wants to come up and visit as well, so they both can learn how to cook while they're here! Hah!!

When a friend & myself visited them last summer, they got into a bit of an argument over who should help me make some things in the kitchen! His brother likes to play video games on the TV in the living room, so he was running back & forth. I managed to persuade him to stick with helping me cook, and then he can go back and enjoy his vids.

The younger brother forgot how to make the Magic Cookie Bars, so I e-mailed the recipe to his mom. I'm willing to bet that he also forgot how to do the scallops & bacon as well, but I'll teach him again. :eating2:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's my other great nephew. the older one, though he was younger when THIS pic of him was taken. He looks like his dad!

He doesn't show much interest in cooking. He likes to mainly play video games a lot though. :eating2:

Attachments

• Trey.jpg
    Trey.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 141

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's theri little sister in the kitchen. She likes to get in on the action also, at times!! Hah!! :eating2:

Attachments

• Mini helping Devaun make breakfast..jpg
    Mini helping Devaun make breakfast..jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 135