What's Cooking NCT? Sun. 12/16/12 to Sat. 12/22/12

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My lasagna is in the oven. Garlic butter is waiting to be slathered on the bread and browned under the broiler.

Whatcha got cookin'?

Embryodad

Tina just got back from her Sunday Trip to Olyphant, PA; where she ordered two cookbooks from a Ukrainian Church there. She couldn't wait to get her new books.:bounce:

She shopped with my cousin, and made sure she picked me up some sweets. ;)

So...it is that I will have a few doughnuts and chocolate covered pecans and my favorite, coconut macaroons.
We will both curl up on the living room furniture, and go through some new and great sounding recipes.

Tina picked up some sliced cold cuts, and that was put aside for tomorrows lunch> I also was happy she bought a couple peppers.
Supper tomorrow will be stuffed peppers. Y U M ! ...

Today I calibrated the both oven temperature controls in preparation for baking that the girls will do in the next few days. Another Y U M ! :clap:

CookbooksDoughnuts003_zpsc0171979.jpg

CookbooksDoughnuts001_zpsc17961a8.jpg

CookbooksDoughnuts005_zpsdde6d9bd.jpg

Embryodad

DW made wide noodles.
She was given some leftover pierogie dough from her friend at the church where her friend was making them for sale. I love wide homemade noodles.

I made stuffed peppers with just 2 big huge peppers, and DD was here baking.

Snickerdoodles and Chocobit mounds...:blob_blue:

STUFFEDPEPPERSCOOKIES002_zps26636b2c.jpg

STUFFEDPEPPERSCOOKIES003_zpsda40e830.jpg

STUFFEDPEPPERSCOOKIES005_zps3474001d.jpg

STUFFEDPEPPERSCOOKIES010_zps159ed1a1.jpg

Embryodad

Smells good here too, like chocolate :mrgreen:

I made Scotcheroooos! :cool: Pretty easy to make. Scotcheroos

k97781.jpg

2889fsn.jpg

2s6loh0.jpg

They look like (I want some Now!) :wow:

I will just pass the recipe on to my daughter, and see if she will make them for me. Err...us. ( If they can get them away from me ). LOL

Great Pics Ironman!!! :tiphat::mrgreen:

Ironman

🍺
They look like (I want some Now!) :wow:

I will just pass the recipe on to my daughter, and see if she will make them for me. Err...us. ( If they can get them away from me ). LOL

Great Pics Ironman!!! :tiphat::mrgreen:
Thanks E ! They are really good... like eat the whole dish by myself good:excl:

Next time I'll trade ya for some stuffed peppers. ;)

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
DS requested Chinese on Sunday, last night was mac and cheese, and I got fresh fish for tonite. Leftovers the rest of the week !!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Busy day (again) so I put a chicken in the crock pot at lunch time, and added a little broccoli for a quick meal. Got enough for dinner tomorrow as well.

Dinner121812.jpg

Embryodad

DD was over baking!

In between the flour and spilled sugar and pots and bowls, she managed to cook us supper!

She made 4 Cornish hens... and we all ate heavenly after!:readytoeat:

The mess:

GRrrrrrrrrr!!! .... :wub:I love her though!

FOURCHIX004_zpsd2b96a21.jpg

FOURCHIX008_zps48530af8.jpg

FOURCHIX009_zps475286bc.jpg

FOURCHIX010_zpsed9a0186.jpg

FOURCHIX001_zps37f8d81b.jpg

Embryodad

Busy day (again) so I put a chicken in the crock pot at lunch time, and added a little broccoli for a quick meal. Got enough for dinner tomorrow as well.

Dinner121812.jpg

Looks Great Joe! Almost what we had tonight.
DD made broccoli also!

DD will be over again tomorrow. I asked her what cookie is she baking tomorrow?

She said,"I don't know dad, I have to bring my list!:huh:

LIST???? I said!! :yum:...... Holy Cookie Crumble!! :bonk:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Jimmy, just send her up here for a few days. We moved the chickens and the chicken house into the barn today. Ended up being a major hard labor kind of day. Got the last pieces of lasagna in the nuke box and that will be supper when we push the button. Those little chickens look great and I would gladly clean up the mess for those goodies.

Embryodad

Hey Jimmy, just send her up here for a few days. We moved the chickens and the chicken house into the barn today. Ended up being a major hard labor kind of day. Got the last pieces of lasagna in the nuke box and that will be supper when we push the button. Those little chickens look great and I would gladly clean up the mess for those goodies.

OK / Thanks Mountain man... I'll bet you can use a good hired hand, Just hide the chickens,,,she could eat chickens any time.:dizzy:

That's funny about the "Button Box Supper!" ..... Sounds better than the Empty Dish, and Close Yer Eye's and Watta Ya See Supper I'm gonna have.

The ovens and the kitchen have been invaded by the "Bake A Thon" Lady!
The DW ..... I'm in the back room ordering her Gift On Line!'
.....A "Wear a Thong At Her Bake a Thon !!" ...:thumb:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, this was homemade super good lasagna not that stuff in a box. Once in a while she will get one of those big Stouffers ones at Sams. They are alright but not even close to her homemade.

Embryodad

Oh, this was homemade super good lasagna not that stuff in a box. Once in a while she will get one of those big Stouffers ones at Sams. They are alright but not even close to her homemade.
Oh! I know it was the home made one..LOL

I was referring to the button BoX as the Microwave BoX! LOL

I remember DW last month. She was wishing for lasagna. I went to the freezer downstairs...and brought up a nice size piece that she had forgotten she froze.

Oh! she said! I was thinking of fresh! ....I said,"Here ya go! "Fresh Frozen!"

Embryodad

DW was making and baking cookies today! :applause:

The Welsh cookies I forgot to photo.

COOKIES008_zpsbe2b1ae7.jpg

We just ate, and Tina is wasted...She's showered and ready for the Crib!:flowers:

She made Cavatapi and DD had sauce and Meatballs made!:a1:

Cavatappi001_zps42571ad6.jpg

Oh! I already had my share of samples...and now that she's in the crib, I'm gonna have me sumore!!;)

Embryodad

We had a combo B-day Party and Chinese dinner; all cooked by DD. Even the cake baking.

Started with general Cho Chicken... it was first fried, and then cooked in the coating. I even tried a couple small well crispy pieces.

Lennys36th001_zps8a864898.jpg

She made Fried Rice and Noodles...

Lennys36th004_zpsc38b4a18.jpg

Lennys36th002_zpsf18b0981.jpg

She made stir fried beef also.

Lennys36th005_zps78c3380e.jpg

She picked up spring rolls at the local Chinese store!

Lennys36th006_zpsa4417e35.jpg

Here is the Chef filling up her dish to finally sit down and eat.

Lennys36th007_zps678a5ee8.jpg

The theme for Lenny's ( DD's Boyfriend ) party was The best she could come up with for a Farm. Mason Canning Jars....with candles inside. Cute!
She wanted to have a little baby live Lamb, but she was afraid the cats would freek out.
Thank God that didn't happen.....hahahaha

Lennys36th011_zps6b8bc2a0.jpg

DD made BFd's Favorite cakes a copycat of "Tastycakes" Tandy Kake Peanutbutter cakes.
He got round ones that she cut out, and WE all got the square sheetpan full.

Lennys36th008_zpsd7c40011.jpg

Lennys36th013_zps1610d3eb.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones food looks and sounds fantastic.

Nice b-day spread Jimmy!!

I got laid off today. Not sure for how long. Last layoff lasted 4 months. Well at least I have the holidays off. I will try to be around more now that I will be home at night.

We had minute steaks for dinner. I had mine with salad. Everyone else had steak sandwiches (on toasted english muffins).

Last edited:

Embryodad

Everyones food looks and sounds fantastic.

Nice b-day spread Jimmy!!

I got laid off today. Not sure for how long. Last layoff lasted 4 months. Well at least I have the holidays off. I will try to be around more now that I will be home at night.

We had minute steaks for dinner. I had mine with salad. Everyone else had steak sandwiches (on toasted english muffins).

Darn on the layoff peep.

Thanks for the nice on the b-day spread. Thanks to Maria... "She's still my baby dollie!" LOL ...:yum:

She even cleaned everythying up cause she knows daddie is not feeling well. Tummy Aches. hahaha:bonk:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW....beautiful food everyone! I've been having a cookie marathon and I just finished the last of the Christmas shopping today. We've been eating a lot of fast food and simple meals like soup and sandwiches and salads. Now maybe things will settle down a little and I can get back to cooking real food.

That was an awesome Birthday spread Jimmy!

Sorry to hear about the layoff Peeps. Hopefully the layoff won't last long.

Embryodad

WOW....beautiful food everyone! I've been having a cookie marathon and I just finished the last of the Christmas shopping today. We've been eating a lot of fast food and simple meals like soup and sandwiches and salads. Now maybe things will settle down a little and I can get back to cooking real food.

That was an awesome Birthday spread Jimmy!

Sorry to hear about the layoff Peeps. Hopefully the layoff won't last long.
Thanks Mama... I am so proud that my little girl (as seen in my eyes) did such a great job. The Rice was better tasting than the Take-out we usually get.

Embryodad

Friday ... 12/21/12

Today was another (*the last day...Thank God ) of baking.
DD made more cookies...:a1:

COOKIESFRIDAY012_zps37f211ba.jpg

COOKIESFRIDAY010_zps525833a0.jpg

COOKIESFRIDAY009_zps26d95f3c.jpg

Tina made her Slovak Cookies..... And I did way too much sampling; especially the ground walnuts ones...

COOKIESFRIDAY014_zps56a75b6f.jpg

COOKIESFRIDAY016_zps5cdcd628.jpg

I had my fill of sampling, and I really needed nothing to eat for supper.
Tina did make Potato pancakes...nice and crunchy the way I like them. :thumb:

PotatoPancakes001_zps9d88f4e4.jpg

PotatoPancakes002_zps96a0b787.jpg

later... Tina made the Nut and Poppyseed filled rolls!

PotatoPancakes003_zpsc1f9d712.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
WOW Jimmy! I want some of everything please. The potato pancake look fantastic. Recipe and directions? Do you serve with sour cream and apple sauce?

Embryodad

WOW Jimmy! I want some of everything please. The potato pancake look fantastic. Recipe and directions? Do you serve with sour cream and apple sauce?
Thanks peeps

I like sour ceam...Tina applesauce.
Her mother ate them with grape jam. Yuuck!

I'll get the recipe! From Tina that is!....post it soon

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Have a BIG pot of chicken soup simmering now and will make some BLT's for lunch. Good day for some soup and football.:clap:

Attachments

• soup 001.jpg
    soup 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 140