Allen's Copycat Grilled Stuffed Burrito

AllenOK

It dawned on my yesterday, while I was at work, that I had everything I needed "in-house" to make these. I had leftover Spanish Rice and leftover Chicken Fajita meat from the lunch Buffet Tuesday. We have refried beans and chile con queso blanco, hot, on the steam table every day for various appetizers. We also have several different kinds of 15" tortillas. Here's what I did:

I grabbed two small bowls (6 oz size), and partially filled one with the rice, and filled the other with the chicken mix. The rice was wrapped with plastic, and zapped in the microwave for 45 seconds. The chicken was placed on the flat-top to heat up and sear. In a third small bowl, I put about 1 oz of the chile con queso blanco, and dribbled the juice from an open container of chipotles en adobo, then mixed it. I grabbed one of the tortillas and laid it out on the flat-top for a few seconds to warm up and make it easier to roll. I smeared about 2 - 3 T of the beans down the center of the tortilla, leaving several inches empty on both sides. Next to this, I spooned on a little sour cream. The rice went over top. I dribbled the queso mix over this, then put the chicken on top. I folded and rolled the tortilla into a burrito. I ladled a little more butter onto the flat-top, and carefully rolled the burrito in the butter. I grabbed a grill-press and pressed the burrito. Since the press wasn't really hot, I flipped the burrito after a few seconds, and pressed it again.

I actually came really freaking close to Taco Bell's Grilled Stuft Burrito! The only thing missing would have been a little chopped cilantro (we were out), possibly mixed with pico.

BTW, I ended up making two, and ate both of them!