Grilled Pork Roast

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Maybe you have seen these little cuts from Hormel. I’m not entirely sure what cut it is exactly, but it is a lot like a loin, but with just a bit more fat so they hold up a bit better to grilling. I LOVE grilling these. They are only 5.99, and many times you can find them as buy-one-get-one-free. They freeze very well, so buying several ahead of time when on sale is a great idea.

You can buy them flavored, or plain. You can inject them if you like or even glaze them. They slice well, and the meat it so incredibly tender. Sandwiches are to die for the next day!

Grilled Pork Roast

Ingredients

1 Hormel Pork Roast (see pics below)

Procedure

Simple. Start your grill. Over medium heat, grill for 35-40 minutes. Turn every 8-10 minutes until done. You’ll know it’s done when it doesn't “jiggle” when you press it. It will be semi-firm to the press. Super simple and so incredibly good. It doesn’t get much easier than this.

Start with this little hunk of Hormel pork (the 5 rubbed off, but it was $5.99).
Step1-14.jpg

Nekkid and ready for the grill.
Step2-10.jpg

We use a little Weber Smokey Joe for small cooks like this. Takes little charcoal, and manages heat very well.
step3-8.jpg

Grill according to recipe and then slice and serve. Fantastic main course meat, and it makes GREAT sandwiches the next day. Notice a touch of a smoke ring from charcoal only - no wood. That's chemistry at work!!!!
step5-6.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oooo! Those slices look delicious, K!

I'll definitely check my store for that little cut!

Lee

homecook

Looks great Keltin! I don't think I've ever seen those. If I find one I'll dig out my Smokey Joe and fire it up!!

Barb

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
in canada we call those Porketta's but i use to buy them all the time while in michigan at meijers, usually like Keltin said, buy one get one free.

yours look great Keltin

Calicolady

That looks really tasty, Keltin.
I like the purple flame pic too.
I do this with the Hormel pork tenderloins too. So tasty.

suziquzie

I havent seen those.... we get some loin roasts that are sometimes flavored, but those are VERY salty.... not that I dont buy 'em anyway. Hormel is pretty big here....

BTW I love seeing the Publix logo... my grandpa lived in FL and in a VERY thick German accent used to announce when we'd visit that we should run to "poop-licks und see vahts' for cookin' tonight!"

:) same guy used to miss an exit, yell "COT-DAMMIT!" and back up on the freeway to get his exit.....

lilylove

" :) same guy used to miss an exit, yell "COT-DAMMIT!" and back up on the freeway to get his exit..... "

Sure glad I didn't have to drive with him!!!!! lololololol!

lilylove

Mine never went backwards but I can't count the times he loudly said in a very surprised voice "WHERE'D THAT CAR COME FROM".?? lol!