BBQ - Outdoor Cooking - Grilling

High Cheese

Saucier
I know "Meats" was being discussed in another thread but:

Can we organize the BBQ/Grilling forum somehow? Maybe rename the "Cooking outside the kitchen" and move BBQ as a subforum then add another "Grilling" subforum. Yes...no?

There's alot of folks that smoke here and it's just not right posting a rib recipe in a grilling forum. Or posting a grilled chicken breast recipe in a BBQ forum.

How about an outdoor equipment sub-forum?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I’m with Jeeks. It would be nice to have the “Cooking outside the kitchen” renamed as “Outdoor Cooking” or something similar, then have subs of:

BBQ / Smoking
Grilling
Campfire Cooking
Outdoor Equipment

Campfire cooking could cover everything that isn’t grilling or smoking like Outdoor Dutch oven, pit and rock cooking, outdoor fryers (deep fried turkeys!!), outdoor crab boils, etc.

Outdoor equipment would be a great place for tutorials on smoking, showing pics of your latest acquisition, etc.

chowhound

I wouldn't care if grilling and smoking (BBQ) were combined into one forum under outdoor cooking (or whatever it is). A good example would be L2Q's reverse sear he did last year that he started on his smoker indirect, then finished on his grill (or was it firebox) over direct heat. Where would you put that? Post it twice?
Just my opinion, but things that parallel each other belong together. It's too easy to keep subdividing and say we need an outdoor kitchen forum and a cooking over an open fire forum, too. And then you get folks posting under the forum that gets viewed the most anyway....

Your mileage may vary :()