help with multi-quote in replies

Guts

there's something I haven't figured out yet and is probably right in front of my face. How do you do a multi-quote in a reply. It's got a be easy right. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Kim

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
there's something I haven't figured out yet and is probably right in front of my face. How do you do a multi-quote in a reply. It's got a be easy right. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Kim

Go to each persons quote, then quote them, use word pad to save them.. then move on to the next one you need.

I always put my first one under the first person I want to reply to, then c&p from word for the rest.

I bet there is another way to do it, but that's the way I do it.

Signed,
Simple Simone :yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
oh the old copy and paste thingy. I got it.

Thanks sass

Welcome! :smile:

Kim

Go to each persons quote, then quote them, use word pad to save them.. then move on to the next one you need.

I always put my first one under the first person I want to reply to, then c&p from word for the rest.

Signed,
Simple Simone

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
There is a button on the forum. Click it on EVERY post you want to quote for your multi-quote. Once you have clicked or tagged them all, hit REPLY to the thread. So again, read ALL the posts, and click that button shown in the pic as you go. Each click marks it for reply.

When you hit REPLY, It REMEMBERS all those multi-quotes and puts them in a nice WSIWYG editor where you can scroll through and easily add comments.

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 114

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
There is a button on the forum. Click it on EVERY post you want to quote for your multi-quote. Once you have clicked or tagged them all, hit REPLY to the thread. So again, read ALL the posts, and click that button shown in the pic as you go. Each click marks it for reply.

When you hit REPLY, It REMEMBERS all those multi-quotes and puts them in a nice WSIWYG editor where you can scroll through and easily add comments.
Smarty pants!!
Hrmmph! :yum:

Guts

Kim

Signed,
Simple Simone
clip_image001.gif

oh the old copy and paste thingy. I got it.

Thanks sass

Let's see if I got it right:thankyou:sass

Guts

Kim

Kelton that's a lot easier thank you for your help :thankyou::thankyou:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, BTW, this works on all VB forums, so you can do this on all of Docs forums. :thumb:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well.....I try not to! Really, I do. :lol:

But in the end, I love you guys. It can be hard being human, but I'm glad you guys are here! :kiss:

Getting all mushy are we?
LMAO!!

Good job Keltin. Thanks. :tiphat:

One more little tip. The software remembers the order you click the 'multi-quote' button in. For example I clicked Keltin's last post first and then Sass's so that the quoted text shows up in that order. Can be handy depending on what and who all you are replying to.

Kewl stuff ehhhh. :D :hide:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nope, you are right up with things JB.

One more little tidbit. If you hover over the button, it will tell you it's the Multi Quote Button. It's right between the Quote button and Quick reply button. It's the one that is simply " (a quotation mark).

JackieBlue

Banned
Nope, you are right up with things JB.

One more little tidbit. If you hover over the button, it will tell you it's the Multi Quote Button. It's right between the Quote button and Quick reply button. It's the one that is simply " (a quotation mark).

I think most forums now have the multi-quote button, which is a very good thing. Makes things much easier.:thumb: Also, I like this version of vBulletin the best. I hope you're not thinking about upgrading to the new one. That one seems way too busy and harder to read to me.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think most forums now have the multi-quote button, which is a very good thing. Makes things much easier.:thumb: Also, I like this version of vBulletin the best. I hope you're not thinking about upgrading to the new one. That one seems way too busy and harder to read to me.
I like this version best also, but we are fast falling behind. The new features are being released in the new versions of VB. I have upgraded two different times but never did get the upgrade working right. I'm hoping the next version VB releases will work better with these types of forums. When that happens I have to upgrade or we will not have support. Support is important. When I call in a trouble ticket if we are running an unsupported version they simply will not help you until you upgrade. Worst case there would not be a fix for the problem ...so yes, we will be upgrading eventually. Probably this fall cause it soon will be boating season and I won't want to tie myself to a 36 hour upgrade when the sun is shining outside and the boat is calling me.

JackieBlue

Banned
I like this version best also, but we are fast falling behind. The new features are being released in the new versions of VB. I have upgraded two different times but never did get the upgrade working right. I'm hoping the next version VB releases will work better with these types of forums. When that happens I have to upgrade or we will not have support. Support is important. When I call in a trouble ticket if we are running an unsupported version they simply will not help you until you upgrade. Worst case there would not be a fix for the problem ...so yes, we will be upgrading eventually. Probably this fall cause it soon will be boating season and I won't want to tie myself to a 36 hour upgrade when the sun is shining outside and the boat is calling me.

Aww that sucks! Don't they know that sometimes change isn't good?!! LOL But yeah, I guess you have to move with the times. Hopefully, like you said, the next version is better.

Lucky you! Boating season. I wish I had one.:smile: