NCT Member Spotlight: DeeLady

Lefty

Yank
Tell us a little about yourself - your family or household, kids, pets, occupation, etc.
Well I met my husband 5 yrs ago online....gasp!!....and from the very beginning we were inseparable! We moved in together 6 short months later that even we thought ourselves crazy! But it just seemed right. We were given a little bit of a surprise two years later because we both thought we would not likely be able to have children naturally. We are now expecting our second daughter in a few short months. I don't know what I did right but I can whole heartedly say that I am truly blessed and could not ask for more!
As did most people, I grew up with a very unstable foundation, but for even that I am grateful because it makes me appreciate what I have now all the more!

What part of the world do you live in?
I am now a proud resident of Ohio, but I grew up in California (Hollywood to be exact) but I always felt it didn't match who I was inside. I yearned to have actual nature around me!

How did you find the NCT community?
Actually Sweet Sattie invited me here when Doc first started, I bounced back and forth between here and the "other place" but when those I enjoyed most made this "home" I was happy to do the same!

Do you have any hobbies besides cooking?
I use to and I'd like to...but I think I'll have to wait awhile again before I can actually get MOM time!
I guess I can use going on family outings as one. Percy and I love exploring country sides as well as looking for mom and pop diners to try :)

If you could choose any profession or occupation, what would it be and why?
I have always thought I'd stay in the teaching field, but this last year I have had a change of heart. Now I am hoping to get into nursing once able to return to work! I MISS WORKING!!!

How and why did you choose your Username? What does it mean?
Well Dee is short for Deanna and I'd like to think of myself as a lady......:in_love:
What is a typical day like for you?
these days....just trying to make time go by as fast as possible!!! Hoping for the least amount of discomfort!

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
being a mother to an amazing little girl!

Give us 5 words that describe you.
open minded, nurturing, patient, faithful, procrastinator

Name 5 things that would be on your "bucket list".
Use my passport for somewhere not connected to the U.S.!
Get established in a stable career I can be proud of.
Open my own cafe/diner or at the very least spice business.
Retire with my husband in a quiet Lake Front home

I just hope to see my family grow to a ripe old age in Health and happiness(sorry I know it sounds cheesy)

Name 5 things you can't live without.
of course my family....coffee, internet, phone, car

Who is your role model and why?
never really had one, have always modeled my life after what I saw that I DIDN't want for myself.

Tell us one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know.
I have NEVER been in a relationship with a man of my same race (everything BUT), not because I didn't want to, just odd chances of fate. Closest I came to dating someone of my race he was a priest and he ended up having an affair with a married woman as we started to date....:shock::huh:

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?

I think she would really like her and feel safe with her.

What is the best moment of your life so far?
giving birth and watching her father hold her for the first time

How and at what age did you start cooking?

about 9 I started learning and by 10 and 11 I was the main cook in the house. (it was the only way to get my family off of TV dinners!!)
Do you have a signature dish or one that you make especially well?
I guess I am well know for my lumpia or my lime chicken and rice

What is your favorite spice?

Cumin....herb: basil!

What 2 cooking tools/gadgets/appliances would you swap from your kitchen and what would you swap them for?
no clue....

What is your favorite restaurant meal?

Chicken Madeira at Cheesecake Factory

What would your last meal be if you could choose anything at all?

Prime Rib, yorkshire pudding, baked potato with plenty of butter and sour cream!, roasted broccoli, side salad.

If you could host a dinner party with 6 well-known guests, living or dead, who would they be and what would you serve?
Jesus, Nina Simone, Maya Angelo, Mother Theresa, Lucille Ball, Morgan Freeman.
I would probably make just a simple spread of comfort foods....roasted chicken, fresh baked bread, roasted potatoes, a large fresh salad, roasted veggies

Who would you most like to prepare a meal for and why. What would you serve?
My hubby for Christmas, and anything he wants!!

Who would you most like to have prepare a meal for you?
Tyler Florence...his meals are never too snooty but look like nice home cooked goodness!

100 years from now, how would you like to be remembered?
Someone who always put others first, and never tired of making others feel at home.

Attachments

• Our family!.jpg
    Our family!.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Wedding 046.jpg
    Wedding 046.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,125
  • pj2.jpg
    pj2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 4th of July 165.jpg
    4th of July 165.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,134

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great spotlight! Keeping my fingers crossed that your husband makes it home for the big day!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful family and story Dee. Thanks for the look into your life.

homecook

Dee, that was beautiful!! Thank you for sharing so much a part of you......family is the be all, end all.

Just think, I'll get to know the Dee we all love in just a few short hours....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wonderful spotlight Dee! You have a beautiful family! Barb...are you going to see Dee?

Deelady

You guys made me cry! LOL
Thank you for the nice words :) You definately know how to make a person feel like part of a family!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great Job Dee!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: A big THANKS to your husband for serving, and best wishes for him being able to be there for the big day. Beautiful family, your daughter is gorgeous.
Thanks for doing a spotlight for all of us to enjoy!!!!! :thumb:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwwwwww Dee, that gave me chills!
I just love you girl!
Great pics of you, Percy and the little punkin too! :D

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I love the pics. You also almost made me tear up with some of your story.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Outstanding, Dee. Sharing a few of these personal tidbits makes this a most unique cooking forum. It really is fun to read these spotlights. (Thanks, FM for the idea)

Deelady

Just wanted to say thank you again for your kind comments :) and asking me to share a bit about me and what I hold dear :D

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Dee, you are one of the sweetest people ever! I am so glad to know you and to know more about you and your lovely family. That picture of Percy holding baby Ayla just blew me away - did you take that pic?

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
That first picture you have posted is one of the loveliest photos I've ever seen:heart::heart::heart:

suziquzie

Awww Dee I LOVE the pic of Percy holding the new peanut! Those moments always made me cry... and you get to do it AGAIN!!!! :)
oh, and YAY YOU for turning a negative past into being such a sweet, positive person!

Deelady

Dee, you are one of the sweetest people ever! I am so glad to know you and to know more about you and your lovely family. That picture of Percy holding baby Ayla just blew me away - did you take that pic?

That picture was the day she was born and I did actually take it from my hospital bed :)

And Thank you Suzi and Vera :)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
You guys made me cry! LOL
Thank you for the nice words :) You definately know how to make a person feel like part of a family!

Dee, you may not have Percy in person with youo this Christmas but you are now his wife and will have him for the rest of your life. That is the best present of all!!! It was nice to learn that Ayla is going to have a sister. That is fantastic news--pictures of that little one always make me smile.
Hugs, Pie Susan