Porcetta

Dogboa

We love this stuff. A piece of pork loin, wrapped inside a piece of pork belly. A seasoning "rub" of ground fennel seed, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, thinly sliced fresh garlic, fresh sage and fresh rosemary. Tied up and roasted at 350F until the internal temp is 140F. The oven temp is increased to 500F, until the Porcetta is nicely browned. It is removed from the oven, lightly tented and rested until it reaches room temperature.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You haven't lived until you have a pizza with garlic infused olive oil, caramelized onion, porcetta, gruyere and fresh motz.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Boy, what's not to love about THAT??

I don't think I've ever seen a nice big piece of pork belly like that! I'd love to try it!

Beautiful, Dogboa!

Lee

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We have a market close by that originally was mostly a butcher shop. They have whole pork bellies nearly all the time. The 1 we bought made the porchetta, pork belly slices for a dashi-based soup and about 2 pounds left over thst I have curing fof pork belly buns. They'll get cooked tomorrow.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Plated. I think I'll cut down on the red pepper flakes or omit them entirely next time, it was a bit spicy for me. I was just trying a new flavor combo.

picture.php