Quick Sandwich Fix

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
What do you all make when you are rushed and hungry and just want something easy to throw together?

For me it's a fried egg (no snot or runny yolk), on Wonder bread (yes.. white bread) a ton of mayo and lots of black pepper.

.. or cashew butter and blackberry jam, on a good grainy bread.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: Question: The Simple Sandwich Fix

A vine ripe tomato sandwich with mayo, salt and pepper. Sometimes I add some romaine lettuce when I want a little crunch.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Question: The Simple Sandwich Fix

cheese or cold meat with chutney on my homemade bread.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, I moved this to the Cooking Stories Forum....and as a child, I was always quite fond of Hellman's and Wonder sandwiches when there was not much else around.

I'm also sure to enjoy a slice of provolone and italian bread as often as possible.

lesley

I keep onion bread in the freezer, (only takes a couple of minutes to defrost ) so i just grab a slice & eat with cheese & chutney yum!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with SassMuffin on this'n......just melt a slice of American or provolone onthe egg,
and lightly toast the bread and slather with spicy brown mustard...........

Of course, if I ain't in such a hurry, its Mel's Delight !
http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7734&highlight=mel's+delight

366279250.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That looks good Lucky, but I can't say I've ever tasted liverwurst, unless it's similar to braunschweiger (sp?)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Usually some kind of deli meat sandwich--I rotate buying ham, roast beef, and turkey. I like egg sandwiches and grilled cheese too.

AllenOK

I was going to combine SassMuffin and Vera's comments into one sammie, but luckytrim beat me to it!

I also like grilled cheese sammies.

At work, well, we have many different kinds of breads available, as well as a couple different cold cuts, some other sliced meats, as well as burgers (we are a restaurant :) ).

Heck, whenever a buffet with a carving station comes back, I've been known to grab a couple rolls, rip the open, and quickly slice a couple pieces of roast beef, stuff it together, spoon a little horsey sauce in, and drizzle with au jus. Down the hatch!

Since I have a full sandwich board set up, as well as a cold line with different ingredients, not to mention a well-stocked produce reefer, well................ don't get my imagination going! There's been a few times where I'll be prepping something, inspiration hits, and suddenly I have a new sandwich. I've even had one of those make it to the menu for 6 months!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Plain peanut butter on bread. (If I'm outta bread, I just eat it off a spoon.) Y'all's sound way better to me.