Anyone have a prius?

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Not worried in the least about this. What is more troubling is the automakers downloading your data and selling it to insurers. They are also planning to do the same thing to tax you by the miles you drive. These are real concerns that will make me go back to rebuilding an old vehicle without computers and most likely diesel powered. Big brother is taking over our lives and this crap adds about 6-8K to the price of a vehicle.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Received a call from my Toyota dealer - taking it in on Monday for a brake system fix recall.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
What year? They did a reflash on my 2010 two years ago after I filed a complaint with the NHTSA. Had been on the dealer about it and as fast as the fix was available they did it. It only screwed up on washboard roads and would lock out the braking. Braking on them is very complex to get the regen to work.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
What year? They did a reflash on my 2010 two years ago after I filed a complaint with the NHTSA. Had been on the dealer about it and as fast as the fix was available they did it. It only screwed up on washboard roads and would lock out the braking. Braking on them is very complex to get the regen to work.

I have a 2010 as well and had the same work done a couple years ago. Apparently this is something new. :ohmy: