What's cooking NCT? 03.18-26.2016

Johnny West

It's a long week then.

Today we stopped Salty's in Redondo and I had the fish and chips. They were good but can't sat they ranked top 5 F&C I've tried. The tartar sauce had garlic and put me off.

Tonight it's faux chicken enchiladas.

FullSizeRender_43.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Damn! That fried fish looks good to me, John!

Lee

Saliha

Finnish "siskonmakkarakeitto" today:

Z7cWEwV.jpg

Siskonmakkara is a mild, Finnish fresh sausage made of pork, cooked before serving. The meat is soft and smooth-textured and usually squeezed from its casing when cooking.

The word siskonmakkara is a partial loan translation from the Swedish compound word siskonkorv (korv meaning “sausage”) whose siskon part had originally been susiskon, derived from German Saucischen and French saucisse, both meaning "small sausage". The word siskon is a homonym of the genitive form of the word sisko meaning "sister", as the word siskonmakkara appears to mean “sister’s sausage”.

So this is "sister´s sausage soup". ;)

Johnny West

Finnish "siskonmakkarakeitto" today:

Z7cWEwV.jpg

Siskonmakkara is a mild, Finnish fresh sausage made of pork, cooked before serving. The meat is soft and smooth-textured and usually squeezed from its casing when cooking.

The word siskonmakkara is a partial loan translation from the Swedish compound word siskonkorv (korv meaning “sausage”) whose siskon part had originally been susiskon, derived from German Saucischen and French saucisse, both meaning "small sausage". The word siskon is a homonym of the genitive form of the word sisko meaning "sister", as the word siskonmakkara appears to mean “sister’s sausage”.

So this is "sister´s sausage soup". ;)

That looks wonderful. What else is in it besides the carrot?

Johnny West

Tonight was pancakes and Morningstar Sausage. I make the pancakes from a mix and it goes quickly. My bloody knee was still screaming but my peeps need to be fed. (there should be a beer smilie)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I stopped by the diner on the way home from Palm Sunday services this morning and picked up a nice big slice of their banana bread, then made some cheesy scrambled eggs to go with.
That was brunch.

Dinner will be something fairly simple.
Probably soup and a sandwich of some sort.

Johnny West

Last night I did get take away from Rock Pasta and got the Founder's Pie. We first started going to Rock Pasta when there was only one store in downtown Tacoma. It had the grizzly bear skeleton in it from Northern Exposure. They brewed their own beer and pizza was fired from Washinton state apple wood. Now they are a big chain throughout the West. We are lucky to have one in my little town.

FullSizeRender_44.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight was pancakes and Morningstar Sausage. I make the pancakes from a mix and it goes quickly. My bloody knee was still screaming but my peeps need to be fed. (there should be a beer smilie)
Here ya go

beerburp_1.gif

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had pan fried chicken breast (whole boneless/skinless breast cut in half across then butterflied and pounded thin), microwave steamed fresh crinkle cut carrots and homemade saffron and mushroom rice pilaf.

Johnny West

Home made rice pilaf is the best - the boxed instant stuff is too salty.

Last night was the quarterly KFC extra crispy fix. Their mac and cheese was quite good this time.

Today I'm fasting but am allowed a little meal. I may just have a leftover KFC biscuit with butter and honey at tea time.

Have a Good Friday.

BBJW