Crab Stuffed Flounder Done Two Ways

GrillinFool

It's official, I'm sick of winter. I love snow, sleet, freezing rain, cold, snow, grilling in the snow, did I mention snow? But it's time to think about warmer climes. Those thoughts got me thinking about Dauphin Island, Alabama and all the great seafood Dad and Tom (the other two Grillin Fools) grilled last April. Yeah, I realize it was 9 months ago, but it's never too late to share some good Grillin.

This recipe was so good, they made it a second time while they were there and documented them both.

Here's the link to both write ups combined into one, and here are those pics that I'm putting up right around lunch time. Sorry...

Method one, in small tins:

13.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

Method two, flounder folder over the crab stuffing:

CSF13.jpg

And a little note about Dauphin Island that was, devastated," by the gulf oil spill, from my dad:

The media coverage last year of the gulf oil spill was completely overblown. We were there during the first weeks of the spill, could see the boons from our terrace, but never saw a drop of oil. We stayed in contact with some of the folks down there, and there was little or no oil that ever hit the beaches despite what the national, “journalists,” were espousing. One has to wonder if some of the oil that was shown in those clips was not 10W30 weight.

Dauphin Island is what a true vacation is all about. Relaxing at the pool or the beach, getting some fishing in, doing some shopping and of course, grilling up some amazing seafood. If you want t-shirt and souvenir stands on every corner with go karts and mini golf next to them, this isn’t the place for you. If you want to come home calm and content, and feel like you’ve been on vacation rather than feel like you need a vacation to recover from the one you just went on, then Dauphin Island is the place for you. We highly recommend you fall in love with Dauphin Island, Alabama just like we have.