Sophisticated Grilling?

GrillinFool

How about the lighter side of grilling? Some shrimp, summer squash and a nice bottle of unoaked chard? Grilling doesn't always have to be massive amounts of pork or beef or something that goes on a bun. One might even call it sophisticated grilling...

Click here for the write up with step by step, picture by picture instructions on how to make this.

ShSq3.jpg

ShSq13.jpg

ShSq15.jpg

ShSq17.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great, GF!

What's the nicely-browned round thing?

Lee

K

Kimchee

Oh, but ALL grilling is sophisticated... to a lesser or greater degree, LOL!
Looks good to me!

buckytom

Grill Master
very nice, gf! :applause:

the only way to cook shrimp on the grill is with a grill wok! double skewering works ok on larger shrimp, but a grill wok is so much easier with all sizes of shrimp.

yum @ grilled garlic butter shrimp, too!!!!

i like to leave the shells on (split and deveined, but still in tact) and peel after they've come off the grill and are charred a bit. it helps keep them moist and the charred shell adds a little flavour.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks great, GF!

What's the nicely-browned round thing?

Lee

Check out the link he posted, Lee...it's "risotto pan-fried with Panko bread crumbs with a little egg wash applied."

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Looks wonderful!!!

I am the first to admit my great love of grilled flesh, but I have to agree with you regarding the lighter side of grilling. ( I hesitate to suggest that some is more sophisticated than others, however)

I enjoy grilling fruit wedges, especially cantaloupe and serving that with feta and shrimp.

Have you grilled raw pizza dough yet??

K

Kimchee

I'm scared to try a homemade pizza on the grill...
Well to be honest, my waistline is, because if I really like it..
pizza and grilling together could lead to serious overeating!!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I just got one of those grill pans at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I can't wait to try it!

GrillinFool

Looks wonderful!!!

I am the first to admit my great love of grilled flesh, but I have to agree with you regarding the lighter side of grilling. ( I hesitate to suggest that some is more sophisticated than others, however)

I enjoy grilling fruit wedges, especially cantaloupe and serving that with feta and shrimp.

Have you grilled raw pizza dough yet??

I have made pizzas on the grill with fresh dough balls made into a crust. Delish....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Check out the link he posted, Lee...it's "risotto pan-fried with Panko bread crumbs with a little egg wash applied."

Thanks, Mama!

Sounds delish and looks great, GF!

Lee

FooD

Great grilling!!

Well, my idea of sophisticated grilling would be doing yakitoris, for instance. I love to eat as each skewer comes off of the grill while more are still grilling. :D

GotGarlic

I absolutely love grilled veggies. I have a nice recipe for couscous with grilled veggies and vinaigrette dressing, and we also like to grill tuna shrimp. Rachael Ray does a nice grilled shrimp with hoisin and chili garlic sauces mixed for dipping. Great stuff!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I saw Pat Neeley top a wheel of brie with home-made raspberry sauce and SMOKE it...............veeerrry interesting !

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Lucky, was the heat off to one side of the grill or was the cheese directly above hot coals?

AllenOK

Last week, one of the cold foods banquet cooks actually laid a wheel of brie DIRECTLY over the heat for about a minute or so, just to get some good grill marks on it. He then cooled it at room temp and served it as part of a cheese display.

Looks yummy, GF. I'm a big fan of grilled vegetables, seafood, & pineapple (with ice cream). If I ever get an outdoor grill, I would love to try Cedar Plank Salmon. Thanx for sharing the pics.