What's Cookin' Thursday, April 8th?

Newnork1978

Last night I was out-and-about with an old girl-friend from high school, and DH and I ended up fending for ourselves for dinner. Tonight, I plan on being home and being able to prepare dinner...just not sure if it's going to be turkey burgers or pork chops. I guess I'll flip a coin, later, and decide. :whistling:

What's cookin' at your place, tonight? :chef:

K

Kimchee

Scored some canned salmon at a good price so...
Thai salmon patties, a bit of stirfried veggies and noodles, and egg rolls!

(Canned salmon is one of those things I always forget how tasty it is until
I have it again. I could eat it straight from the can and be happy.)

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had chicken thighs stuffed with sausage, mashed potato& carrot, peas and gravy.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Angel. You are now entered in the NCT free apron giveaway. Contest goes till the end of the month, so there is time for others to get in. just be the one who starts the What's for dinner thread and you'll automatically entered in the contest.
Angel your lucky number is 8 (at least for this contest).

We are having angus burgers tonight.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
So far I know we're having Paula Deen's meatloaf, sides to be determined later.

GotGarlic

This is our last beautiful, warm day for a while, so I picked up a couple of ribeye steaks last night. We'll grill those, along with a green salad and not sure what else - maybe some herbed couscous.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We ended up with Angus burgers (they were GIANT), shrimp on the barbie, potato salad and a spinach salad with buttermilk ranch dressing. :D

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Over 80 degrees several days running.

Tuna Macaroni salad. Made enough for several days.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
2010-04-08 17-51-22.047.jpg

2010-04-08 17-54-10.191.jpg

Pics suck.. but it was good.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Terry.
For some odd reason, fried chicken hates me now, but shrimp doesn't. LOL

Last night we enjoyed some fabulous "Lobster Rolls" made from the leftover tail meat of the "MONSTER" lobsters from Monday.

I added just enough Hellmann's mayo to bind, some freshly-ground black pepper, & - our favorite - 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh tarragon. Filling was enough to overstuff 4 top-sliced hot-dog rolls that had been brushed all over with melted butter & toasted in the oven. Lined the rolls with chopped butter lettuce for hubby; whole baby Arugula leaves for me. Yummy!

GotGarlic

Along iwth the steak and salad, I ended up cooking some shrink-wrapped potato gnocchi I had in the cupboard. I boiled them, then sauteed them in butter and fresh sage and chives from the garden. DH took a taste and suggested adding lemon juice. So they got a spritz of that and some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and S&P - they were wonderful!