Going to Bread baking School!!!!! WooHoo!!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Yep, the Dough Boy just signed himself up for a 3-night class on bread baking at the Loretta Paganini School of Cooking, the recreational education arm of the International Culinary Arts and Science Institute (ICASI) in Chesterland, Ohio. The classes will cover lean breads, multi grains and artisan breads, and will be taught by ICASI Education Director, Chef Tim McCoy. This is a hands-on series, so I get to put my hands into the dough and hopefully learn some new tips and techniques about breads and bread baking that I can bring back here and share with y'all. At $195, I thought this was a bargain to spend 9 hours with someone who really know what they are doing. The Internet is great for learning, but nothing can replace the personal interaction between chef & student. Can you tell I'm pumped??? The class starts Wednesday, Nov 4th. and for the next two Wednesdays.

homecook

Hey........good for you Joe!! I was just reading the article about the school this morning. Congrats!!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Joe. Heck, I would have thought you'd be teaching the class. I'd bet you'll get so much more out of the class because your knowledge of the subject is already far above average. I look forward to the tidbits you can bring back and share here. And I agree, the internet is great but nothing beats hands on learning. :thumb:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Hey........good for you Joe!! I was just reading the article about the school this morning. Congrats!!
That's what got my interest going. I went on her website and saw the classes were available this week, so it works great for me. Hey, if you want to sign up we can go together. No pressure, just an idea. They said it was almost sold out, so if you're interested, you can register here.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Congrats Joe. Heck, I would have thought you'd be teaching the class. I'd bet you'll get so much more out of the class because your knowledge of the subject is already far above average. I look forward to the tidbits you can bring back and share here. And I agree, the internet is great but nothing beats hands on learning. :thumb:
I think you're right, Doc. Having a working knowledge going into it will certainly help me to know what questions to ask. Also, I learned long ago that nobody knows everything, and that we can all learn SOMETHING from everyone we meet. Often it's the small things we learn that make the biggest difference.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Way to go, Joe. I don't know how you can improve on all those beautiful breads you have baked. Have fun and take some pics if they allow it.

Meme4251

Good for you Joe! I do have to agree w/Doc, with your baking knowledge, you just might give him some of your tips so he can use. Have fun and let us know how it goes....:respect: