Bonefish Grill

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
on a happier note to our Xmas travels, we had a splendid meal at Bonefish Grill in Ormond Beach, FL. It's a chain, but me'foundeth a couple links higher than the norm.

I had calamari appetizer - perfectly done with an excellent sauce.
There is/was? a restaurant just off I-95 in Connecticut above Stamford, CT that had the best ever calamari. Somehow they got the coating/breading to stick more uniformly and got it super-tasty crispy. I've not found that particular skill of execution in other restaurants - I keep trying . . . but anyway the Bonefish calamari is on my recommended list.

the bone in rib eye was excellent - at request well-done,,,, still very tasty.
crab cakes also excellently received.
I had mahi Oscar - grilled just right, succulent sauce, asparagus spears and crab chunk-lettes. bit light on the crab but otherwise a very good dish.

chains being chains one never quite knows how quality is going to turn out - they actually don't Fedex the same chef all over . . . - but the menu has lots of selection and it's a place I've put on my 'do-it-again' list.

Cost: medium-ish - about $30/head including tips, excluding alcohol

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We wandered into a Bonefish Grill in Williamstown, N.J. a few years back......
I wrote a review somewhere, but can't find it.
I remember the Calamari was exceptional (I always order Calamari if it's on the menu) ; The franchise obviously has a secret nobody else does...
I had something they called "Snake River Trout", which was probably the smallest Entre' portion of any fish I've had, before or since. And it was so thin, it couldn't be anything bu over-cooked.
I remember not being very pleased... And I came away feeling like I needed more to eat........

Noticed last time we were over that way, it's gone.

My experience with chains is that they aren't consistent from location to location. You obviously found a good one !