What have you eaten Sunday 10/28/2018 to Saturday 11/3/2018?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I usually make soup on Halloween. This year it will be beef, veggies and barley. I will make early in the Instant Pot and let go to keep warm so anyone can help themselves whenever. I have a loaf of Italian bread for dipping which I may warm/crisp up (or maybe make garlic bread).

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I usually make soup on Halloween. This year it will be beef, veggies and barley. I will make early in the Instant Pot and let go to keep warm so anyone can help themselves whenever. I have a loaf of Italian bread for dipping which I may warm/crisp up (or maybe make garlic bread).
I am going to do the same thing. But no Barley- We have to stay Gluten free for my DD.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sure did!
That would have been around the same time he was on Dobie Gillis, right?

By the way, it's not salsa tonight with the dish, its sofrito.

This was between the Many Loves of..... and Gilligan...

Eye injection this morning, so no knives for the day..... pasta of some sort tonight....

Before my ride came, I prepped for lunch....
Cream of Celery Soup...

Soup, Cream of Celery.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is ham, pinto beans, potatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of sugar simmered - then over rice.

She suggested putting some of her Mother's homemade VERY garlicky tomatillo sofrito on the side for spooning bits up with bites.
I plopped it right on and stirred it around.
Yum!
It sure has some bite to it!

20181031_092327-768x768.jpg

20181031_162952-768x768.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Cuban sammies and my "companion" hoping I will share.

Attachments

• 2018-10-31 17.51.35.jpg
    2018-10-31 17.51.35.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 103

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
No, he's good about waiting for things to be offered. Our little female, not so much. Given the very slightest chance, she'll help herself.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is ham, pinto beans, potatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of sugar simmered - then over rice.

She suggested putting some of her Mother's homemade VERY garlicky tomatillo sofrito on the side for spooning bits up with bites.
Yum!

View attachment 29041

View attachment 29042

This looks and sounds wonderful to me, Sass!

Lee

Johnny West

Yum!

View attachment 29041

View attachment 29042

I just save a recipe off of Facebook call Soup Beans that sounds like this.I'll try it next week.

Tonight is breakfast for dinner - gluten free waffles from Safeway, bacon in the oven, and scrambled eggs and mushrooms.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
we indulge int DW's fondness for the store made rotisserie chicken maybe once a year... I find it too salty but today's was decent.

what struck me - being empty nesters, we don't need an 8 lb fryer. makes for too many leftovers....I have to dig through the bins to find even a 6-6.5 lb bird.
so where do they get the miniature chickens they use for rotisserie $x/each?

buttered noodles and green beans....

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
I pulled out a piece of pork belly this morning that I had put in fridge to defrost Tuesday so I could prep today for dinner tomorrow. After I unrolled and weighed it, realized it was well over twice the size I needed for tomorrow night. So, I cut it into 2 pieces, prepped for tomorrow and went looking for ideas to use the other piece for tonight's dinner. I ended up making a rub of crushed fennel seeds and black peppercorns, plus fresh thyme, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Scored the skin well, massaged the rub in and let it set for almost 5 hours, then slow roasted on a rack for 3 hours, squeezing some lemon juice on it along the way, added in some chunked potatoes along the way, and finished the meal by steaming some extra broccoli that was in the fridge. Came out quite good.

Attachments

• 2018-11-01 17.55.57.jpg
    2018-11-01 17.55.57.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
we indulge int DW's fondness for the store made rotisserie chicken maybe once a year... I find it too salty but today's was decent.

what struck me - being empty nesters, we don't need an 8 lb fryer. makes for too many leftovers....I have to dig through the bins to find even a 6-6.5 lb bird.
so where do they get the miniature chickens they use for rotisserie $x/each?

buttered noodles and green beans....

:yum:
Ahhh yes, the grand rotisserie birds.
$5 or $6.. nice and convenient.. then you open them up and wonder where the wings are.
Oh yes, right there.. those wee little things.
Only thing they're good for is the breast meat.
Meager as it may be.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Hot Turkey Sandwich, Turkey Gravy, Mashed, Steamed Cauliflower Florets, Cuke & Tomato Salad...

Note to Self; No more Heads of Cauliflower........ Lasts thru too many meals in a row...

Cucumber & Tomato Salad.jpg

Turkey, Hot Sandwich.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight I'll try to spell the word, 'Bourgin...... oh, Never mind....... Wined-up Beef & veggies in Crock-pot....

Beef Bourguignon, Assembled.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Beef Bourguignon Lucky?

I went to the way back machine and found mine.
Remember?? From 2010 lol

2010-04-29 18-32-18.296.jpg

Don't know what I'll be making tonight.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, That stuff, Sass !
Wow ! 2010 !
We were much more 'intuit' then !

But, why does the recipe I'm looking at tell me to serve it over Mashed Taters, when the recipe already had Taters in it !??!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, That stuff, Sass !
Wow ! 2010 !
We were much more 'intuit' then !

But, why does the recipe I'm looking at tell me to serve it over Mashed Taters, when the recipe already had Taters in it !??!
I don't know?

I think I used an Ina Garten recipe back then, or based on- and thought mash would be perfect with it.

Of course i had Grands with it.
That was a night i believe that my good neighbour Brenda came to dinner.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I adore pork belly, med, though I've only had it maybe 3 times. I did some in my smoker once and it was spectacular!

Love rotiss. chicken, C-man.

Love Wonder Bread, Dan, but haven't had it since I was a child (the evil voices of the bread police haunt me).

Lucky, your turkey sandwich looks wonderful! Deli-sliced turkey?

I keep meaning to make Beef Bourginion (sp?) and keep forgetting to.

I've been eating leftovers all week, as usual.

Lee