What are you doing today?

Sweet_tooth

Banned
i'll be on the internet,watch fred the show if its on,Watch adventure time,watch zatchbell, listin to Michael Jackson,and do research on paranormal stuff,and research on minecraft (sigh im such a nerd)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm still working on the cabinets :lol:. Things are going a lot slower than I anticipated. Seems like every time I start a big project, other things happen that need to be taken care of. Hopefully the cabinets will be done this weekend. I think I'll take a few days off before starting the counters. I'll let you know how it works out.

Thanks! You'll get there. Putting on four hinges 'bout ate my lunch. I'd much rather paint. Hinges are tricky little suckers. I put them all on backwards and had to take them all off and then put them back on right :pat: .

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks! You'll get there. Putting on four hinges 'bout ate my lunch. I'd much rather paint. Hinges are tricky little suckers. I put them all on backwards and had to take them all off and then put them back on right :pat: .

I almost did the same thing....I caught myself after I had put the hinges on the first door :lol:.

The cabinets are done. I primed the 15 doors yesterday and painted the inside and sides of the doors (3 coats). I heard it was a lot better to hang the doors before painting the outside so you don't get marks in the paint from laying on the saw horses. I put the hinges on and put the doors back on the cabinets. This morning I sanded a couple of drips and rough spots. This afternoon I plan to paint the outside of the doors and then this evening put the knobs on the doors. The plan is to sand, prime and paint the 6 drawers and hopefully get the knobs on those this weekend. I ordered some ribbed non-adhesive shelf liner that should be here Monday so hopefully I'll be able to get the stuff organized and back in the cabinets Monday...fingers crossed :biggrin:

When that's done, I think I'll take a breather for a few days before tackling the countertops. There are a few issues with those that need to be resolved before I can paint them :glare:.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
last day of class. a test, & then i need to renew one certfication. this, for me, is going to be a very sad day, i think.

Ian M.

Re: Just Wondering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If at first you don't succeed, fry, fry a hen! And that's exactly what we're doing today....frying chicken for a firehouse cookup up here. Fallon and I both got "conscripted" by our firefighter pal and so I'm doing chicken frying and Fallon's making sides and corn cakes galore. It's going to be hot work but lots of fun and a couple of cool beers at the end. And I think we'll need them.

Talked to a friend who lives near UVA in Virginia and they're without electricity for at least a week to come which means no A/C in blistering weather. Let's all send up some cool wishes for those who got caught in the great power outages in that area - it really sucks!

Ian and Fallon

Ian M.

Hey, CF. I've begun to wonder if there is any such thing as a "cool place" around right now! But today I'm on the same page as you are. DW is doing the cooking today and I'm enjoying my day off just sitting around with the A/C on and being an absolute slug! Just too hot to do much else. Our Fried chicken dinner was a complete success yesterday and the cold beers were a blessing! They're predicting that we may get some rain today and hopefully that will cool things down a tad and make it a bit more comfortable. I'm for that. I'm so tired of the muggies! What's everyone doing for the glorius 4th? I think I'll shake up the neighbors and hang out my Irish flag.........................

Ian :whistling:

chilefarmer

Still not cool here either. But I have seen it worse. Weather dude says rain, I say isn't gonna happen. Stay cool y'all. CF

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i went all over the place. where's my bubble bath. i refuse to give in & won't quit. fer some reason, i'm grinning.:D i luv it. gives me a reason to push myself & builds my overall strength.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Just got back from a country road walk with the doggie.
Now sitting inside cooling down with an iced tea.
She's curled up on the corner of the sofa.

Contemplating dinner, trip to the library later.

Ian M.

Ah, Sass! That country road walk sounds so nice! If I could trust our dog to stay with me or not try to take me for a walk I'd love to do something like that myself, today. This would be a great day for it, as it's cooled down some from the beginning of this past weekend.

Right now I'm tangled in a hot game of scrabble with Luckytrim - but I'm about ready to bail.....he's so quick and so incredibly much better at it than I am! I feel like my weak brain is about to explode!

Ian :bonk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Our walks are nice when the weather is!
Just a skip down the block and around the corner, then down a bit more, ta da!.. it's the countryside! lol

There is a spot that I like, it's called Flat Creek, there is a walking path alongside with shade trees all the way down.
Gretchen is so used to going there, she could probably go and come back by herself :)

Ian M.

Our dog loves going downstate to my dad's and then going out with someone and running on the beach and into the waves on a hot day. He comes back looking like Lot's wife - with four legs and a doggie face! And covered from nose to tail tip with salt..........................then it's into the shower to clean up his act and he loves that, too. Gotta be careful right now, though as that dog would make pretty good shark bait!

Ian :whistle:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm making a HUGE pot of spaghetti sauce from the tomato bounty I got from my garden :biggrin:

Leni

Trying to stay cool. It is 91 with 40% humidty. I'd like to know who brought the Midwest weather with them.

Then I'm also cleaning under the bed. Pulled everything out from under and vacuuming.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
taking a day 4 myself. snoozin' early, as i've an early morning appt. gotta get a full meal in. i snacked, as usual. tidy, wash a few dishes. rite now, laugin' @ family guy. oh, my.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm going to take some time this afternoon to pull out my camera manual and actually read the directions :dizzy: (hate reading technical stuff). Someone :bonk: changed some of the settings, and it's all screwed up.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going boating. Vacation this week. Weather forecast is not what we hoped for but we'll live for today. Today looks great.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i snoozed until school called w/ lovely things to say a few ago.

fretting over blake. he's travelling.
i wanna get over to the store. blake jus' rang my phone. here, he's leaving tomorrow. guys. & they say the ladies're ditzy~

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I went and looked at some new flooring yesterday, and now the project has officially begun to snowball.....tile for the shower, tile for the tub surround, new hardware for the sinks/showers...:dizzy:.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
snoozin' then my 1 doctor. feedin' these kitties before they make me insane. poundin' pavement.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
doctor. managed to spray on sunscreen & body spray, get glammed & groomed, squeaky clean, jewelry on, clothes/wellies picked, purse packed, & kitties fed, a bottle of pop & an h2o chosen, grabbed an umbrella, & get goin'....... in 15 minutes. story of my life these days.